What seats to go with

Martyred

Jul 5, 2006
Sorry i have not been on the forums as of late, had a death in the family along with a wedding. So im back looking into upgrades for the mustang, about to finish of the interior, i just have to pick out seats. I would like to keep the seats under 500 for the pair. The original bucket seats are just way to small and do not recline. What are some good choices i can go with for big compy reclining seats? Should i be checking out junk yards for some good seats i could possibly restore? So many choices, so little time. I also need to upgrade from lap belts to seat belts.

What seats do you have and what do you think of them?

Thanks,
Martyred

• Sponsors (?)

I got some 99 mustang cobra seats in tan leather for $200. They were in good condition so I didn't have to restore them. Many people on the forum have put the classic tracks on the newer seats to retain the stock seatpans. I wanted the power seats so I removed the seat pans and have yet to put in a custom seat pan under the floor. As of now, i love the seats. I put in the back seat too and now I have a fold down back. They are very comfortable and they feel as though they hold me in the seat. I got the seatbelts out of the same mustang so the color matches and now I just have to finish the installation. They are completely comfortable. The only problem that I think most people have is clearance between the steering wheel and the seat. I have the stock steering wheel so I slightly modified the floorpans by pushing them down about an inch and now i have more than enough clearance for both my legs between the steering wheel and my head. Good luck in your decision, but keep in mind that used seats are available and on a budget, they are the way to go.

Please!! Just not another Mustang with those cheap ricer-racer seats! I hope that's a fad that will soon die.:bang:

The late-model seats are easy and not that expensive. And I recently saw a Mustang with a set of very nice Recaros from a BMW that looked very good. On another occasion I spotted an early stang with leather seats from an SC t-bird. Any of those production seats are far better quality than PepZone faux-carbon vinyl seats. :notnice: