what shifter for your C4

I haven't bought a shifter for my TCI C4 trans yet and i was wondering what shifters you guys like? I really don't want to spend to much cash either. I was looking @ the B&M Z-gate but i don't know anything about the shifters. Is one better then the other?

• Sponsors (?)

I know the 86 Tempo had a shifter which had a factory lock out for neutral but will it fit or not is another question. I also had a Z gate, It was a really simple design and can take a lot of abuse. I reckon you could get one used for cheap.

I have the Lokar shifter for my C4.... honestly if i had it to do over again I would have went back to stock. the lokar is horrible for feel, I have a shift kit in the trans to shift it manually if i want but sometimes I feel like i could go right from drive into reverse if im not careful. it does look cool it looks like a manual shifter with the leather boot i have in it and i had to use the manual shift plate on the console. View attachment 319846

The pro ratchet also has a T handle instead of the ball. I drive it on the street and race it. Never miss a shift and the unit is NHRA legal for the strip. Nothing worse than going by second into 3...........and lets not talk about into neutral!!!!

Not to send this post in a different direction but I'm planning on putting a built C4 that is advertised as having firm shifts to handle a crate 347 stroker. What is the advantage of putting a shifter into the car. BTW I like the looks of the megashifter.