What should this combo make?

justhereforinfo

Jul 15, 2008
Just wondering what kind of HP this combo might make.

Its a 347 with forged (probe) pistons and rods, cast scat crank, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with 1.9/1.6 valves, trickflow stage 1 cam (for now) cobra intake, 1.6 stud rr's, 75mm tb, 24lb injectors and maf. with shorty headers, 2.5in xpipe, and 2.5 inch flows. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and 3550 trans. 3:73's

Just looking for ballpark figures obviously. I know the cam is small for a 347, but thats what i have for now. I'd gladly trade it up for a tfs2 cam if anyone's interested.

Pistons have 2 flycuts and heads are 60cc. Should be about 10.4:1. I'll probably put a small charger on it later.

I'm guessing around 320 at the tires. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

what do the heads flow?dont really know any other head flow numbers outside of afr and tw.Also like you said you know the cam is going to be holding you back as thats a baby cam for a stroker motor.Id say go with a anderson cam.N-61 71 if you throw in some 4:30's.

what do the heads flow?dont really know any other head flow numbers outside of afr and tw.Also like you said you know the cam is going to be holding you back as thats a baby cam for a stroker motor.Id say go with a anderson cam.N-61 71 if you throw in some 4:30's.

They are unported, 170cfm heads. Not looking to run it at the track, keeping the gears. I'll probably run this for a while, rebound from the cost of building it, sell the RPMs, cobra intake, and cam, and upgrade the whole top end. Or just run some low boost.

If you had to guess, what kind of power do you think it'll make.

The more i read these threads the luckier i feel with almost the same exact setup different only that im a 333ci and have AFR heads and a custom cam, my car made 360RWHP and 383RWT on a mustang dyno which should be around 400RWHP on a dynojet. Rick from RNH P. told me when i picked my car up the first thing i should do is get rid of those crappy ford racing spark plug wires and that mine were in bad shape after noticing a big crack in one i finally bought a set of MSD super conductor wires, i could tell right away the difference car felt like i added a power adder which makes me wonder what my car would dyno now, anyways my point your shooting for around 320RWHP dynojet i figure?. U might be pleasantly surprised if u make more Good Luck!:nice:

That HCI combo is much better suited on a 302 than a 347. Its all just way to small for the 45 extra cubic inches, dont expect more than 330 to the tires. but it will have an ass load of low end tq.