What size injectors????

90notch_5.0

Oct 25, 2007
I have a 92 notch. Mods include;
AFR 165 heads
Edelbrock performer intake
76mm C&L Mass
75mm TB
Steeda cam #18 or #19 (not sure witch one)
1.6 RR comp cams

I cant decide what injectors will be the best according to my mods 24 lbs or 30 lbs?:shrug:
plus can you guys let me know if the stock fuel pump would work both injectors, I know I would need a pressure regulator but not sure about the fuel pump, I heard that the stock fuel pump will work for the 24 lbs but for 30 lbs maybe cutting it short, but I don't know, that's why I'm asking all you. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I cant decide what injectors will be the best according to my mods 24 lbs or 30 lbs?:shrug:
plus can you guys let me know if the stock fuel pump would work both injectors, I know I would need a pressure regulator

The stock fuel pump isn't even enough to keep up with the stock 19lb injectors at 100% duty cycle so you definitely need to upgrade it. I suggest the 255lph pump. It's the only one you'll ever need.
For your set-up, 24lb injectors would do fine and you don't need a regulator. A dyno tune is what you need to get the best out of it.
A set of 30lb injectors now would be OK if building a N/A 347 is in your future plans 'cause they'll leave some room to grow. However if you decide instead to add forced induction to your current set-up, you'll need injectors that flow a lot more than 30lb/hr.

Listen, the stock fuel pump will be enough. The reason you're going static is the injectors aren't big enough.

With those mild changes, the stock being 19s, go to this calculator:
Injectors Plus FAQs

Get the right answer. The problem you are having isn't the pump. It's the tune, and the injectors.

Did you have this car tuned after you did the mods?

Listen, the stock fuel pump will be enough. The reason you're going static is the injectors aren't big enough.

With those mild changes, the stock being 19s, go to this calculator:
Injectors Plus FAQs

Get the right answer. The problem you are having isn't the pump. It's the tune, and the injectors.

Did you have this car tuned after you did the mods?

Are you inferring that we are giving him the wrong answer? That's how its coming off, and I'm not a big fan of that.

Also, did you even read his post? He didn't say that he's having any problems, it sounds to me like he is just trying to plan his fuel system out.

Are you inferring that we are giving him the wrong answer? That's how its coming off, and I'm not a big fan of that.

Also, did you even read his post? He didn't say that he's having any problems, it sounds to me like he is just trying to plan his fuel system out.

I'm sorry. What I disagreed with was "just throw in 30s" the car needs to be tuned to do that, you just can't put in bigger injectors.

Also, I would NEVER run without a fuel regulator. There's no way of controlling the flow to the injectors. I thought that was wrong. I think I should have read that is you won't need a NEW regulator, not any at all.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way. Didn't mean it that way at all. Just trying to help out.

I'm sorry. What I disagreed with was "just throw in 30s" the car needs to be tuned to do that, you just can't put in bigger injectors.

That's why I said this:

Hey have you already bought the MAF meter? You know you can't mix and match injectors and meters without a tune, right?

I think anyone who suggested 30s also understand that he would need a tune or a "matched" meter.

Also, I would NEVER run without a fuel regulator. There's no way of controlling the flow to the injectors. I thought that was wrong. I think I should have read that is you won't need a NEW regulator, not any at all.

I think the question at hand here is *adjustable regulator VS non-adjustable stock regulator*. I don't think he was ever considering running without a regulator. He's not building this fuel system from scratch, these cars did come with a fuel regulator that runs in the 37-40psi range.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way. Didn't mean it that way at all. Just trying to help out.

Your initial post made it look like you were barging in here without really reading just to promote your website. You need to be careful, because that is generally frowned upon around here.

With that said, welcome to the site.

InjectorsPlus: slow your role and read the posts before posting..

If it were me, I would go 30 lb/hr. It also wouldn't hurt to go with a bigger fuel pump, either a 190 or a 255 lph, go 255 if you plan on modding more in the future. As long as you've got stock regulator or adjustable, it will send the unused gas back to the tank. I'm running a 255 lph with 19 lb/hr injectors right now with an Aeromotive adjustable FPR.

I would also recommend getting the car dyno tuned, you will see the best results from a good tune, and your car will ultimately run the best.

To sum it up, 30 lb/hr injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, dyno tune = success.

Sorry guys. Will do! I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I've just heard it all and forget sometimes, there are people who actually know what they're doing. I'll take it all from that premise going forward.

Your initial post made it look like you were barging in here without really reading just to promote your website. You need to be careful, because that is generally frowned upon around here.

With that said, welcome to the site.

I know, I have given people crap for the same thing. Someone sent me this link and asked for my .02. I guess I just jumped ahead of myself.

I'll read before I speak. Thanks.

the problem your having has nothing to do with the fuel pump or the injector sizes... its your water pump... get that changed... haha jk =). 30lbs with 255 since i think the 190 and the 255 are pretty much the same price.