What size wheel spacers and studs?

My289

Aug 24, 2007
Miami, FL
Hi everybody, I need help on what size wheel spacers and studs to buy for my setup. Its a 1965 mustang, drum brakes all around, 17x8 bullit rims with Nitto 555's 235/45/17 on all four corners.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi everybody, I need help on what size wheel spacers and studs to buy for my setup. Its a 1965 mustang, drum brakes all around, 17x8 bullit rims with Nitto 555's 235/45/17 on all four corners.

Pity you didn't come here before buying. Extended studs and spacers are a pain and add another element of concern to your wheels. With an 8" wheel, you'll need to space them for a 4.5" backspace,

These wheels are 17x8 and require no spacers or special studs. The late-model "Bullitt" wheels are an imitation of the original Torque-Thrust wheels, made to fit the offset of the modern Mustang, these are what they are imitating:

V45-17X8.jpg

Maybe these folks can help you:

http://www.mustangwheelspacers.com/

So to clarify my confusion I have a 68 that at Mustang week at Myrtle Beach I bought Chrome Mach 1's with 5.72 BS. I need them to be at 4.5bs so a 1.25 adapter/spacer will do the trick and the wheels will still be in my wheel wells??:hail2: Thanks I have been confused all day.:shrug:

Daniel

I did it with

1.25 inch spacers. This was back in 2003.
But I wish i had used the new properly backspaced wheels available today.
What ever you do, weld those studs to the drum!
had mine come loose on the rear tire and almost crashed!
thank god i had just got off the freeway and was only going 20mph