What stall torque converter?

muddslide

Mar 10, 2003
DAYTONA BEACH
I have a roller 302 motor and 'm adding a 671 blower in a few weeks. I want to race the car but still have it somewhat streetable. I was thinking around a 3400-3600 stall. Also who makes a good converter? I was looking at the TCI streetfighter, and through summit its about 370.00, which is good. Also do I need an anti-blooning plate? I'm not using nitrous.

• Sponsors (?)

I was asking about stall converters a while ago and was told to call a place called emerald torque converters. Theyt built a converter for fordmuscle.com and a guy I was talking to says he has a friend with a 4500 stall that emerald built for him, that hes drives on the street all the time.

hummer784 said:
Theyt built a converter for fordmuscle.com and a guy I was talking to says he has a friend with a 4500 stall that emerald built for him, that hes drives on the street all the time.
Hahahaha...a perfect example of why we have a hard time describing what exactly is "streetable" :D

I know a guy with a 300 degree .600 lift cam and a 6-71 blower (on a sweeeeet 68 camaro) who drives on the street almost daily. He says its fine in anything but heavy traffic too.