what to do

i bought a 96 gt about a month ago i love it its the first car ive had and already want more power out of it, its got a bbk throttle body and im pretty sure gears in the rear end dont know what they are but it throws my speedometer off 30 mph when im doing 60 says im doing 90 but anyways all that came on the car when i bought it, i dont have the knowledge to build an engine but im learning went to herndon carrer center for 2 years in high school and soon doing the ford program at community college. im going to get some money in next year that i want to spend on my car my car has 140000 on it so i dont know what to do next, any suggestions???

• Sponsors (?)

with 140k on the clock I would look into rebuilding your Sb with some good rings, forged pistons and rods. Then start going after more power because if you do a PI swap you will just end up rebuilding the engine soon anyway so why do it twice?

with 140k on the clock I would look into rebuilding your Sb with some good rings, forged pistons and rods. Then start going after more power because if you do a PI swap you will just end up rebuilding the engine soon anyway so why do it twice?

LOL 140k is nothing on these motors. In fact, 140k is pretty low for a 96. Dont waste money on a rebuild, it doesn't need it.

Get a hand held tuner to fix your speedo. You are putting miles on your car twice as fast as you should be.

Don't get a handheld tuner cause it won't work on your car.

The speedometer in the 94-98 Mustangs cannot be corrected with a handheld tuner. You need either a new VSS gear or a Dallas Speedcal. I went with the speedcal and it works great :nice:

99+ Mustangs on the other hand can be corrected using a handheld.