What video game system?

So PS3 on ebay sounds like the best option but again what happens if the thing "poops" the bed?

Most of the consoles at Ebay come with a recipt of place of purchase, if its a major chain like Bestbuy or Circuit City or Walmart you may be able to take it back to the chain close to you and see if you could return it to them (probably can with walmart b/c they have no spine) Find one that appeals to you on Ebay, msg the seller and ask where he bought it and call your same local retail store and see if you could bring it back if anything was wrong with it.

Like I said Ive had my PS3 since it came out and I have 0 issues, My PS2 still works great after 7 years and my PS1 still works if I was inclined so to fire it back up.

• Sponsors (?)

I believe if you buy a 360 off of ebay and you get the ROL you can send it in to be fixed, directly to MS...

I think I might buy an extra off of ebay (one that has the ROL problem) and then send it in to be repaired so I have a backup.

oh...word is the 360 price is going to drop soon.

The other thing is that the factory warranty 1year from the date of purchase is good through Sony not the store you buy it from. Extended warranties are done by the story's not Sony. So if you buy a PS3 off ebay and it goes south within a year of the date of purchase on that receipt Sony fix's it, does not matter if you were the one that bought it originally or not they wouldn't know anyway

I believe if you buy a 360 off of ebay and you get the ROL you can send it in to be fixed, directly to MS...

I think I might buy an extra off of ebay (one that has the ROL problem) and then send it in to be repaired so I have a backup.

oh...word is the 360 price is going to drop soon.

PS3 Price dropped $100 recently.

360 all the way. Microsoft just extended the factory warranty to 3 years as of July 5th. I wouldn't worry about heat issues if you position it properly. I bought mine at EB Games and bought the extended replacement plan anyway, so now it's a 4 year plan :D

Forza2 really is a good game. The required skill level is high enough to take awhile to master and the graphics are incredible enough to keep anyone interested. I can't justify spending an ass-pile of money on a wheel yet but I will grab one as soon as I find a deal. Racing online is teh goodness.

Aside from the games, PS3 has NOTHING on Xbox Live. I bought 4 games for the 360 and didn't bother to play them for 2 or 3 days since I was too entertained by Xbox Live Arcade and playing all the downloadable demos, movies, tv episodes etc. The way they organize friends and streamline the online content is great and far more immersive than what Sony is offering via PS3.

It looks like a lot of people here have Forza2 . . . we should set up some Stangnet mustang spec racing.

360 all the way. Microsoft just extended the factory warranty to 3 years as of July 5th. .

Because the had to. There under a PR Nightmare right now b/c of all the crashing 360's. They knew that if they did not offer protection to the customers that people would stop buying 360 b/c of the high failure rate so they put up the 3 year warranty to put peoples mind at ease. Still does not change the fact that they built a crashing prone system.

I won't mind if it crashes basically. I'm not the type to cry over a 20 minutes trip to the store and back for a new system. Whether they had to or not, they did, so at this point I don't think about anything going wrong since it costs nothing more than a 20 minute trip to the store and back for a new unit.

I won't mind if it crashes basically. I'm not the type to cry over a 20 minutes trip to the store and back for a new system. Whether they had to or not, they did, so at this point I don't think about anything going wrong since it costs nothing more than a 20 minute trip to the store and back for a new unit.

Its not a refund to take it back to the store and get another system. You have to send it back to Microsoft to be fixed and then have it sent back to you. You may get a new system they may fix yours, bottom line its not a 20 min trip to Best Buy and problem solved.

From what I hear it usually takes like 1-2 weeks for you to get a new one. You have to send it to MS.