What would you guys do? (Considering buying another Stang, long read)

If you are gonna keep an Sn95 near stock, i see no reason not to get one. If you plan on dropping $3000+ in mods on one, then it gets pricey.

I agree with that.
If he was to buy the mach1 and maybe just add some bolt ons and daily drive it, that's a good idea.
The vortech is a bad idea, before you know it you'll have 2 project cars in pieces.
I also think the intercooled vortech kit is like 5 grand for a 4 valve mach.

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with that.
If he was to buy the mach1 and maybe just add some bolt ons and daily drive it, that's a good idea.
The vortech is a bad idea, before you know it you'll have 2 project cars in pieces.
I also think the intercooled vortech kit is like 5 grand for a 4 valve mach.

Well it stood to reason spending $5K on a Mach and a weekend of work was a faster/better solution then 9+ months and $12K on my Fox to hit the same goal. Course I have no intention of ditching the Fox so it would still end up under the knife anyhow. To those of you saying get the SN95 cause it rides better, you should have a ride in my other cars. They all are the same, ride rough, loud, and handle tight. That's just my preference, so any SN95 I get will end up the same way.

I did find an 03 Cobra with about $70K miles on it that has a bunch of mods already done to it (Whipple, tune, gears, etc) that is in my price range if I drop my bonus in it. I still haven't fully given up on the idea of working on the 91 though, I started thinking about it last night while trying to go to sleep and my mind always starts racing at the thought. I don't get my bonus until next Wednesday, I guess that will be the turning point in the decision of whether or not I'm going to get another car or not.

Well it stood to reason spending $5K on a Mach and a weekend of work was a faster/better solution then 9+ months and $12K on my Fox to hit the same goal. Course I have no intention of ditching the Fox so it would still end up under the knife anyhow. To those of you saying get the SN95 cause it rides better, you should have a ride in my other cars. They all are the same, ride rough, loud, and handle tight. That's just my preference, so any SN95 I get will end up the same way.

I did find an 03 Cobra with about $70K miles on it that has a bunch of mods already done to it (Whipple, tune, gears, etc) that is in my price range if I drop my bonus in it. I still haven't fully given up on the idea of working on the 91 though, I started thinking about it last night while trying to go to sleep and my mind always starts racing at the thought. I don't get my bonus until next Wednesday, I guess that will be the turning point in the decision of whether or not I'm going to get another car or not.

My 03 Cobra has 34K and my 03 Lightning has 45k. Both are whippled and have decimated everything they have faced on the street. I haven't seen any fox variant come remotely close to keeping up with either. I've race turbo'd, supercharg'd, all motors with big cams, strokers, everything. 5.0's, 5.8
s, LS1's, Hemi's, LT1s you name it i've whipped their arses.

Still i would look over the cobra with 70K miles to make sure it was built right and doesn't have any engine problems.

My 03 Cobra has 34K and my 03 Lightning has 45k. Both are whippled and have decimated everything they have faced on the street. I haven't seen any fox variant come remotely close to keeping up with either. I've race turbo'd, supercharg'd, all motors with big cams, strokers, everything. 5.0's, 5.8
s, LS1's, Hemi's, LT1s you name it i've whipped their arses.

Still i would look over the cobra with 70K miles to make sure it was built right and doesn't have any engine problems.

So both of your rides are running low 9's on the street? :shrug:

So both of your rides are running low 9's on the street? :shrug:

You do realize now he's going to tell us for a third time in the same thread that he spanks everything in existence, right?

Hes said it in ALOT more threads than just this one. Next thing is he'll start to add cars to his garage. Like saying he loves his fox, then doesnt like foxes etc etc.

Guys, can we stay on topic and help the OP?

To the OP, get an 03-04 cobra, full exhaust, cai, 3.4 whipple pullied for 16lbs of boost, tune and don't look back. That's ALL you need to be the king of the streets in your town.

I feel your pain...

"I always regretted selling my 89 Fox... I absolutley loath being in debt"

Follow your heart and make the smart financial choice. Mach Mustangs are only gonna get cheaper, there's no need to rush. It's so hard to resist temptation though...

"I always regretted selling my 89 Fox... I absolutley loath being in debt"

Follow your heart and make the smart financial choice. Mach Mustangs are only gonna get cheaper, there's no need to rush. It's so hard to resist temptation though...

It's true. Course if I hadn't just bought the 67 coupe last month I could just pay cash for a Mach, but I digress. In all honesty I really don't know when I'm going to find the time to work on the Fox if my schedule keeps up (which it might). I'm pretty good at paying stuff off, so in all likelihood I'd have the Mach paid off before I would have the Fox even close to finished. The one thing that worries me about stepping into a Cobra over a Mach is that the fastest ride I've ever had is my WRX which is only about 275hp. My Dart is faster with less hp, but that's only due to it being setup well. My point is a 450+ horse Cobra is a big step up from what I'm used too and I'm worried it'll be too much car for me at first.

However if I got a Mach now, drove it until January (the next time I'd likely have my weekends free again for a month or so), then put a blower onto it, I'd likely be more used to the car at that point. I've been reading Mach 1 forums and it seems that stock blocked Machs aren't blowing up as long as you tune them correctly (which I would get it dyno tuned of course). So longevity really isn't an issue from what I've seen. Though the hand built nature of the Termi engine is a nice feeling also.

It's true. Course if I hadn't just bought the 67 coupe last month I could just pay cash for a Mach, but I digress. In all honesty I really don't know when I'm going to find the time to work on the Fox if my schedule keeps up (which it might). I'm pretty good at paying stuff off, so in all likelihood I'd have the Mach paid off before I would have the Fox even close to finished. The one thing that worries me about stepping into a Cobra over a Mach is that the fastest ride I've ever had is my WRX which is only about 275hp. My Dart is faster with less hp, but that's only due to it being setup well. My point is a 450+ horse Cobra is a big step up from what I'm used too and I'm worried it'll be too much car for me at first.

However if I got a Mach now, drove it until January (the next time I'd likely have my weekends free again for a month or so), then put a blower onto it, I'd likely be more used to the car at that point. I've been reading Mach 1 forums and it seems that stock blocked Machs aren't blowing up as long as you tune them correctly (which I would get it dyno tuned of course). So longevity really isn't an issue from what I've seen. Though the hand built nature of the Termi engine is a nice feeling also.

Have you thought of a vortech'd 01 bullitt? Those are going for around $10k. A few months ago a super clean one sold for $8800 on the corral.

03-04 Cobras are definitely big boy toys, but you'd be suprised how smooth the ride is.

I've reread all of your posts in this thread and you have been bitten by the Fox bug...

Draft up your project list, as you work and pay for things with cash, have it all set aside and waiting to be dropped in, so when and if work slows down, you'll have enough at home to keep you busy for quite a while.

Build your ultimate Fox Rod. Clean Foxes are bringing the respect.

Why do I advise this: my buddy owns a rediculous Termi, yet he now wants to sell if off for another Fox. He told me that the Termi is too smooth. He and I have grown up with muscle cars and he said after an hour or so of messing about in the Termi, he grows bored.

If an 03/04 Mach 1 and 03/04 Cobra were sitting site by side for the same price....

I'd take the Mach 1

Sometimes there's more to a car than being the fastest thing out there

I would consider buying another mustang but I dont have room. I think that both the mach 1's and termis are nice but could never give up my 93 LX to own one.

I bought my 93 LX brand new. It has a K&N panel filter, tri-ax shifter, double hook quad, firewall adjuster, cobra grille insert and a cat-back. I haven't gotten far in the last 17 years. It has been wrecked and it is the last car I would sell.

My eyes are bigger than my garage (see sig). The thing I didn't consider is that I have a 2 car garage and a car port that will cover two more. However I have 5 cars.

Have you thought of a vortech'd 01 bullitt? Those are going for around $10k. A few months ago a super clean one sold for $8800 on the corral.

I love Bullitts, but it's next to impossible to find a clean DHG one around here. Plus the other down side to the Bullitt is it basically have just a GT enigne. Granted I could get a Bullitt and slam a 32V in it, and I would do that if I didn't have my Dart, Fox, the 67, and my pickup that all need work on a regular basis.

I've reread all of your posts in this thread and you have been bitten by the Fox bug...

Draft up your project list, as you work and pay for things with cash, have it all set aside and waiting to be dropped in, so when and if work slows down, you'll have enough at home to keep you busy for quite a while.

Build your ultimate Fox Rod. Clean Foxes are bringing the respect.

Foxes are a rarity on the road, plus they still have a brutal nature of an older car like my Dart. The bright side is, if I get the Mach that I want, I wouldn't be totally broke. I'd still be able to work on my Fox, it would just slow down some. Assuming of course I can control myself and not start double and tripling up on the Mach's payments.

I'd take the Mach 1

The scream of the 32V engine, the shaker, I'm hooked on them. Something visually about them grabs me more then Cobra's. Though I'd jump on a DHG Bullitt if I could find one that wasn't beat to death with 100K+ miles.

My eyes are bigger than my garage (see sig). The thing I didn't consider is that I have a 2 car garage and a car port that will cover two more. However I have 5 cars.

I have to be careful about this also, I've sold five cars since March of 08 trying to clean up around here. Although my current crop of rides aren't as beat up, and they all actually drive. :p

If an 03/04 Mach 1 and 03/04 Cobra were sitting site by side for the same price....

I'd take the Mach 1

Sometimes there's more to a car than being the fastest thing out there

That's fine and dandy. However when u get butt raped by the first LS1 you race, you're going wish you had that cobra.

03-04 Cobras aren't for everyone anyway. They are for the extreme enthusiast. I notice a lot of fox guys hate on 03-04 cobra owners.

No matter what anyone says, i'm going to enjoy my SVTs and continue to decimate 5.0s, hemis, and LS1s on the streets.

Good luck to the OP in your search for a new auto. I have no more to say in this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mach 1s. For the results you are looking and the cash you would be spending between the fox and a mach 1, you should just get a cobra... The cobra will fill the nitch pretty much out of the box and upgrades are super easy. The 5.0 will alwasy be a 5.0 and you can conservatively fool around with it on your free time but it will not be the monster that the cobra can be... at least not without some extensive upgrades. A mach with supercharger end cost will be close to a cobra, yes it will produce more power but the foundation of the mach isn't nearly as solid.
Kevin