What's more HP? H/C/I 5.0 or H/C/I 4.6 3V?

• Sponsors (?)

well what it all comes down is that it is a helluva-lot easier to get down to 28-2900lnbs in a fox than it will ever be in a new stang. point is 05-07 will have to put out more power than we will to compensate for their weight. i mean ur talking 500-600lbs (thats goin by our weighing 3000lbs). even a fox with full exhaust etc to get to 240 at the wheels,with gears will def hold its own if not poss beat a new gt. i don't know i never raced the new ones with my fox,so i'm basically talkin outa my arse. whatever... it doesn't matter. everyones h/p is different in their rides.h/c/i in a pushrod with def be more torqy down low than a 2v,3v,or even a 4v.as we all know the lower and longer the torq curve the better. the 20 more torq in a new one(320lbs) and ours (3oolbs)
i still think with basic bolt-ons and the weight of them;we would win.sorry. flame on.but its true.
what we need is for some to race one and tell us about it. i think u'll all be surprized.

Whoever said the new technology will win everytime is dead wrong.
NA, it will be the fox with the pushrods and the h/c/i setup out front everytime. (as long as good parts are used).
You can get a h/c/i fox in the 11's NA.
Good luck doing that in a 4000lb 05+.

I've seen 400rwhp 05's that can't get in the 11's.

This kid at my school just got an auto GT. I want to race him. I've played with him on the hwy coming home from school. He turned right, I did too, and came around him in 2nd gear. I blew past him like nobody's business, but he is kindof a nerdy kid so I doubt he was trying.

blackstang00 said:
15.4 gal tank is what we have in our foxes. that is a total of 123.2lbs. so its 92.4lbs for a 3/4 tank.so now u can subtract 92 for 3/4 of a tank and ur 40lbs for the spare and guess what? 2958.

It's no wonder you're having problems, you can't even use a calculator correctly.

3180 - 92.4 = 3087.6 - 40 = 3040.6 pounds.

BTW, gasoline averages around 6.2 pounds per gallon, not 7.9. :nono:

3180 - 71.6 = 3108.6 - 40 = 3068.6 pounds.