what's the best sounding muffler?

• Sponsors (?)

your gonna get a zillion answers to that question because its a matter of personal taste,there is no "correct"answer.
i have flowmasters with a o/r h pipe and BBK shorty headers.i like how it sounds.(i would like to get the SLP loudmouth I,but i dont have the cash)
i have a video clip of what should be close to what your car will sound like when you install your headers and o/r h pipe.
http://forums.stangnet.com/783430-headers-h-pipe-installed.html

Depends on which flowmaster you have....and FYI, the more you do the car; the louder they get!

I have the American thunder exhaust (basically those delta flow 2chambers) with LTs and an offroad X.

Stock it was 'ok' but not that loud. H/C/I its was actually 'quite loud' With the blower, its loud as ****!

I pieced together my own catback with Flowmaster tails and 40 series original flows (the non-delta flow mufflers). I really like the way it sounds. It's the Flowmaster sound, but it's slightly different from your average Flowmaster 'stang. I prefer Flowmaster, but as it's been said already, that's just my personal opinion.

put your headers and mid pipe on then come back and see us....

Outside of switching to bullet style mufflers, all "full size" mufflers wont offer any volume change, but more of a tone change, over the stock stuff with stock headers and mid pipe.

It will be a different beast with an offroad pipe.

Ditto on mcgraw. The "not very loud" sound you are sayin your flows are given you is basically saying its hard to hear a person scream with tape on their mouth. Once that o/r pipe is on it will be quite loud. Unless you have 3 chambers then it will be mildly loud, but still much louder than the way you have it now. I think there is a very likely chance you will be quite content with you current mufflers once you get your new parts on. :nice:

I dont know what area you're in....But soon ill have a Mac 1 5/8" Offroad H pipe and a couple of mac Mufflers for sale. You'll just need tail pipes from there. I have had alot of people who like the sound of the MAC's on my car...then again i have a 383. Those mufflers have me setting Cars off at a roll....Very deep sound. They're Welded chambered mufflers and about 1 year old.

Chris