What's the worst traffic offense you had with your Stang?

droptopford 5 0 said:
the other night right after it was raining i was takingh off a little quick in the parking lot of where i work... my tires spun(posi of course) and with the music up i didnt realize they spun much until i started drifting sideways, so i let off, drive a little more and then decide to turn around to talk to my manager for the hell of it.. a state cop comes flying by and writes me up for harsh and objectionable noise even though my car was turned off while in the parking spot by this time, he never inspected my exhaust to see if it was even modified(its definately not legal) and only mentioned burning out which i said was a mistake then takes off. my neighbor(local cop) said it was bs, but im wondering if this is even fightable, we'll see now won't we..$50 citation and insurence points

Just go to court and explain what happened I guess :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

mo_dingo said:
Basically, he was arrested, and didn't have the money for bail, so he needed to wait for bail to be posted.

Funny story. Last night, I was cruisin' around w/ my friend (just talking cars and enjoying the nice weather) and I got a flat tire. My rims are aluminum, so once I heard hissing, I pulled over immediately, and watched the tire deflate.

A sheriff pulled up behind me and asked me to pull the car off the road more, and I told him that I couldn't drive on the rim or else it would definately break. Unfortunately, it was the drivers side tire, and I was about 3 feet from being in the road.

Thankfully, he let me put my spare on w/o moving the car. I think that was the most adrenaline filled, quickest tire swap I have ever done.

Once I was back on the road, the road turned into a 4-lane road, and the sheriff pulled up next to me at a red light (no one in front of me). He rolled down his window, and asked me "Wanna race?"

:eek: My jaw dropped, as he smiled. My friend quickly retorted, "Is that a trick question?" All of us laughed, and we took off.

Once he turned off, I told my friend, "WHAT THE HELL!! He was in a big SUV.
I could have smoked his ass!!!!"

I don't think I would have the guts to race a cop, with permission or not. But it would have been funny, nevertheless.
Scott

I was cruising on Broadway with a few friends in my '72 Chevelle Malibu w/ a 383, when a Metro cop puled up next to us at a light. He cruised slowly next to us to the next light, staring at the car. He waved, smiled and then pointed ahead down the road. I was a little curious, but took off like a normal, law-abiding citizen. At the next light he yells "NO! I mean get on it!"

I nailed that loud pedal and took off like I was at the tree. I covered the block in a flash and slowed down. At the next light he pulls alongside and gives us the thumbs up, saying "I just wanted to see what my Cruiser would do against something like that," and turns left. :shrug: I think it would probably lose, Officer.

My worst offense was a 115 in a 55 by an undercover narc/ gang squad officer. He was cool though, and told me he worked days, and to request night court. He never showed for either appearance and it was dismissed. :hail2: Thank you, sir!

I've gotten 3 tickets in my car, first two was in a mall parking lot I didnt see anyone around, so I did a few donuts, then drove off at 45mph in the 15, then powerbraked at the next stop as the cop was already coming. :doh: :doh: So he got me for 45 in a 15 and unsafe start. Then I got a 60 in a 40.

Only 1 ticket - I did get her up to 130 the first week I had it on 495 in MA. That was nuts since I still couldn't shift properly.

First ticket in VA - 51 in a 35 - total bs. One of the future projects will be getting the Valentine 1 and mounting it in a nice spot where they can't see it while I'm driving. :)

TripleBlack95 said:
Only 1 ticket - I did get her up to 130 the first week I had it on 495 in MA. That was nuts since I still couldn't shift properly.

First ticket in VA - 51 in a 35 - total bs. One of the future projects will be getting the Valentine 1 and mounting it in a nice spot where they can't see it while I'm driving. :)

Dunno what model radar detector it was, but I've seen a few mounted where the dash clock was :nice:

I got a warning ticket 2 days ago. My speedo is WAY off because of my gears, but I swear I was only doin' 5 over, if that! I think he just wanted to check out my car, lol. He never said what I was running..... This is the first time I've been pulled in the Stang, though.... & the first time in a couple years period.

My RX-7, now that was a different story. I got so many tickets in that thing, I ultimately punished myself by selling it on eBay. I miss it, but I'm glad I got rid of that ticket magnet.