What's your gas mileage??

MeanMussy said:
And again, the bottom line so to speak is that people "live with it" because they don't know how to improve it. If you're ok with that, then fine.

How would one go about improving mileage for a given car, motor, and mods? This is an honest question, because I can't see how it would be possible to improve it, if proper maintanence and tuning are present. Being that this thread is about mileage, if you have a secret none of us know about I'm sure it is something many would like to hear. I know I would.

• Sponsors (?)

I get around ~18-20 city, ~23-25 highway.

I have noticed that driving around 75-80 as opposed to 60-70 has netted me better gas mileage. I'm guessing the airflow must be more efficient so as to create less pumping losses.

Also I have minor popping and bubbling (little backfires) for the first few minutes of driving, is this normal?

I'll jump back in here, 1st while I do keep tabs on my gas usage, it's only to ensure I get the most bang for my driving buck for that car! I drive the stang only during the summer months so I don't really worry to much about it over all. I have the option to drive my D/D which gets better milage but isn't as much fun. I want fun factor during the summer months which is why I own a convertible! Which is why unless it's raining out the D/D is parked in the driveway.