wheel hop!!!!!

Defiance GT

Aug 31, 2009
I have a 08 with a 3.73 gear and I get a lot of wheel hop. My buddy told me I needed new stronger rear bushings is that right or what do I need to eliminate the hop. My whole dashboard looks like its going to break in half Posted via Mobile Device

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks a lot guys I do beat it pretty good I do Autocross and drag racing. Are there any really good brands of choice? Alyson will be putting on the eibach sportline springs. So should I do the arms and bars first or will lowering it not affect anything.
yep yep. lower control arms will def help, and if you wanna go all out you can add relocation brackets, an upper control arm, and a panhard bar. you shouldnt have much wheel hop at all after that

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks a lot guys I do beat it pretty good I do Autocross and drag racing. Are there any really good brands of choice? Alyson will be putting on the eibach sportline springs. So should I do the arms and bars first or will lowering it not affect anything.

Posted via Mobile Device

all i can say is that when i purchase the lower control arms im going with steeda chromoly upper/lower and maybe CHE or BMR relocation brackets. If your lowering i would do the LCA/UCA and pinion/alignment corrections all together.

If youre lowering be sure to also get an adjustable panhard bar, so you can re center your rear end. also relocation brackets for the LCA's that way you dont get MORE wheel hop. as far as brands, I just bought UMI cuz I've heard really good things about them and for the money theyre a great deal. LCA's and relo brackets for 200. but BMR, Steeda, Metco, UPR, theyre all great brands.

If you're road racing or racing SCCA stuff than do not do the relocation brackets. The relocation brackets are for straight line traction and will decrease handling performance. So invest in a good set of LCAs like the BMR Billet LCAs and an adjustable UCA like Steeda's since it comes with the stepped washer. If you're running the stock shocks than when you buy new springs I'd just buy new shocks. It will probably cure the wheel hop and than you can upgrade the LCAs and UCA later.

Posted via Mobile Device

probably won't have any wheel hop after you lower it. It changes the angle of the LCAs enough to get rid of most of it. It will make your autox handling suffer however. If you plan to drag and road course you'll need to think about some LCAs and an adj UCA. I wouldn't buy frame connectors for the S197.

I did the BMR upper and lower arms. Eliminated 90% of the wheel hop. Also installed 4.10's at the same time. I was REALLY surprised at how well they handled the steeper gear. I did buy slightly wider tires too, but only 255, so I'm fairly certain that it's all due to the upper/lower arms. Doe the U/L CA's and you won't look back.

I did the J&M lowers purchased the upper but didnt waist my time installing. Just looked cheesey. The lowers did nothing but increase the wheel hop and the car dont hook for crap now they will be coming off and cut up may use them for a breaker bar, or throw them in the trash. I wouldn't even resell them to someone, to purchase a higher quallity LCA.

I did the J&M lowers purchased the upper but didnt waist my time installing. Just looked cheesey. The lowers did nothing but increase the wheel hop and the car dont hook for crap now they will be coming off and cut up may use them for a breaker bar, or throw them in the trash. I wouldn't even resell them to someone, to purchase a higher quallity LCA.

I will buy them. Its probably cause you didnt do the UCA's and only put the LCAs on.