wheel question

tarheel13

Aug 27, 2005
I am wanting to know if a 2003 cobra or a mach1 wheel will fit on my 1992 mustang lx convertible. I do have the 5 lug conversion with stock brakes. If so, what size tire could I run. The car has stock suspension save for lakewood drag shocks. Any pics would help also. I couldn't find anything on my prior search. Thanks for any input on the matter.

• Sponsors (?)

lincoln rotors up front w/5/16" spacers, 245/45 17
ranger axles in rear w/ 315/35 17 nitto dr's
DSC00734.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00734.jpg
    DSC00734.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 53
Mustang5L5 said:
I don't think those wheels will fit the 5-lug rotors up front. You need to convert to SN95 front brakes

:think: why would this be. the lug pattern is the same. the only real difference in the SN95 brakes (other than 5 lug) is the that the hub is not incorparated into the rotor. i have never heard that before.

The if you look at the two setups side by side, you'll see the Fox setup has a protruding snout on it while the SN95 doesn't.

The snout is what causes the problems. Some wheels will fit over it but you can't run the center caps at all because the snout hits it.

You could make it work if you use a spacer to push the wheel out a tad

Mustang5L5 said:
The if you look at the two setups side by side, you'll see the Fox setup has a protruding snout on it while the SN95 doesn't.

The snout is what causes the problems. Some wheels will fit over it but you can't run the center caps at all because the snout hits it.

You could make it work if you use a spacer to push the wheel out a tad

:nice: cool i was just wondering . that explains why the guy up the road cant get the center caps on his cobra r's. i thought it was just the wrong dust cap. i will have to relay this info. thanks