Where to find the Tensioner Pulley Bolt?

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I have spent about 30 minutes in our bolt inventory trying to find a bolt that will fit the tensioner pulley. Then i realize... "hey dumbass, its a left handed thread pattern." None of the local places around here carry them... any of you guys have any sources for this damn thing?

Next question... The main bolt that goes through the body of the tensioner (square hole) I found the bolt for that, but is there supposed to be a washer under it?

Heres a pic for refrence..

View attachment 391632

• Sponsors (?)

There's no washer but it has a square anchor that goes on the top. If you need one, I have some laying around I can send you. I might also have a reverse threader for the pulley too.

You would be a lifesaver man.. I cant find this stuff anywhere. I called the local ford dealer about the left handed jobbie and he quoted me 4-5 weeks to get it in.

The square anchor youre talking about i dont have either, but i believe the bolt i have is the correct one. (it threads in just fine, and is a perfect length for the bracket) but i just cant find that square jobbie youre talking about.

If you have one of each, let me know and ill paypal you whatever you want for them.

one meeeeellion dollars! nah, i'll just send 'em to ya.

i'll get the anchored bolt and look for the other tonight.

I dont care what Dman says about you... you kick ass!

I love how this place works... I send some people some stuff, you and modular2v send me some stuff.. Nice little community we got here :nice:

Just looked, no luck on the reverse thread :( I did find the washer that goes between it and the tensioner though.

Did you try Home Depot/Lowe's, AutoZone, etc.? I could've sworn I found one of those bolts at one of those places once.

The tensioner assembly from NAPA is about $74. I found out when I stripped the LH bolt trying to remove it. I didn't realize it was LH and kept turning it counter clockwise, thinking it was stuck or frozen. OOOPs...

a JY should have many of them...Ranger's, have them....most fords

Yeah the only problem with that is all the u-pull-its around here close before i get offa work. As far as ford, i swear that every time i call them and ask them for something other than for a brand new car, they give me hell about it :bang:

I'm sure that one little left-hand-thread bolt from Ford probably costs more than a whole tensioner assembly from Autozone. :D

Ford wanted $85 for a power steering reservoir.....i said man do you realize Autozone sells the whole damn power steering pump plus the reservoir for $35? He says "yeah but it's not genuine Ford parts, it's rebuilt".....i said man, all i want is the damn plastic container, and it's stamped with FORD on the side...they don't rebuild a plastic container...how is that not genuine Ford parts? Then i said oh well man so much for buying from a genuine Ford dealer...:rlaugh:

Lmfao@have to get a new car then go from there. I'da said just go to the pick-n-pull. They set up a cot for me in the back, I love that place. Heh. I'm going to the local one here today and will grab one for you if you still need it. Lemme know.