where to get strange parts?

hllon4whls

BANNED
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Covington
Where is a good place to get a good price on strange axles and spools?

Wild rides has the 8.8 race kit with spool, elims, 33 spline race axles and 1/2 stud kit for 599. Not sure that if that includes shipping.

• Sponsors (?)

hllon4whls said:
Where is a good place to get a good price on strange axles and spools?

Wild rides has the 8.8 race kit with spool, elims, 33 spline race axles and 1/2 stud kit for 599. Not sure that if that includes shipping.

You may want to check out www.skinnykidracecars.com they have good prices on the Strange stuff also. If you decide you want Moser let me know;) I have a buddy that is a dealer.

I'd go 9" ends and ditch the c-clip elimns

I ordered directly from Strange as well, guys were excellent over the phone and no matter how many questions I kept going after the guy with he kept answering for me. BTW--I ordered that kit as well, and I had them pocket mill the axle flanges, and press the bearings -- took them 3 weeks to do, as they don't keep them in stock like that, but if you don't want that they should be able to get them to you in no time. Hopefully mine come soon!

89MustangGX said:
I ordered directly from Strange as well, guys were excellent over the phone and no matter how many questions I kept going after the guy with he kept answering for me. BTW--I ordered that kit as well, and I had them pocket mill the axle flanges, and press the bearings -- took them 3 weeks to do, as they don't keep them in stock like that, but if you don't want that they should be able to get them to you in no time. Hopefully mine come soon!

2 Questions, 1) what is pocket mill. 2) how much more $$$ did they hit you up with to press the bearings on the axles?

The axles should come with the bearings installed/pressed on.

Strange pock milling
10.jpg

My Mosers are gun drilled and lightened as well here is how they do it. 9 See the starred flange in this pic

newaxelsp.jpg

hllon4whls said:
2 Questions, 1) what is pocket mill. 2) how much more $$$ did they hit you up with to press the bearings on the axles?

Rick got the pictures right on (along with the prices).

For pressing the bearings they said they didn't come already done but would do it for an extra $10...so I wasn't going to complain. I'll see if they charged me when I get my invoice, it should be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow.