where to get valve cover breathers

• Sponsors (?)

so now i have one breather and on the passenger side with the manifold blocked off and on the drivers side i have the hose on the valve cover going into my pipe that goes into my supercharger and its sucking in oil....this is how ive had it since i got my engine back in and it runs like crap...do u think this is the reason or could it be my bypass is to small after i upgraded to a d1 procharger thanx rob

With only one breather, you are letting unmetered air into the system, and potentially causing a lean condition. It is better to have the entire system working, and if oil is a problem get a pcv valve for a supercoupe. If that doesn't work get a catch can. If you really want to go with breathers, you need them on both sides, but this elimnates some of the backpressure on the rings cause by the pcv system, which help seal them.

thanx a lot for the info i think i found another breather for the other side and i will put it on later this week cuz my car is being painted due to some jerk backing up into it....anyway i hope thats whats causing my car to hesitate at low rpms

jstreet0204 said:
With only one breather, you are letting unmetered air into the system, and potentially causing a lean condition. It is better to have the entire system working, and if oil is a problem get a pcv valve for a supercoupe. If that doesn't work get a catch can. If you really want to go with breathers, you need them on both sides, but this elimnates some of the backpressure on the rings cause by the pcv system, which help seal them.

What rings are you talking about??? what backpressure of what rings?? is it a good thing or a bad thing that that the rings seal?