Which heads Trick flows or AFR's

• Sponsors (?)

Grn92LX said:
When my friend Nicks car is running we'll see who makes the better head. Don't be afraid though Dan, its just a junk trickflow headed 302 so ya got nothing to worry about. The dude who's "been racing for 30 years" so he has to be right, right?? :shrug: You game? :D

Now I know why you get into wars on the internet. It was meant to be an opinion which what was asked for. Whether the guy I know has been racing for 30 years or 30 seconds you should'nt get that upset. After all were all just bench racers sitting behind our computers. So what if someone likes one head over another, its not your money, I went with AFR's and I'm glad I spent the money, your a trickflow guy, that doesn't make you wrong or right.

As for being afraid :nono: well see how well Nick's car can run...

Not starting a fight with you, but you caught me off guard with your reply to what I wrote :rolleyes:

Honestly I don't think one head is better than the other. On our cars camshaft selection is more important in my book. There are N/A gt40p cars making 290HP which is right on the par with TW or AFR headed car. Putting the entire package together is how power is made. Screw flow rates, they mean nothing in the real World.

LXSTASY said:
Now I know why you get into wars on the internet. It was meant to be an opinion which what was asked for. Whether the guy I know has been racing for 30 years or 30 seconds you should'nt get that upset. After all were all just bench racers sitting behind our computers. So what if someone likes one head over another, its not your money, I went with AFR's and I'm glad I spent the money, your a trickflow guy, that doesn't make you wrong or right.

As for being afraid :nono: well see how well Nick's car can run...

Not starting a fight with you, but you caught me off guard with your reply to what I wrote :rolleyes:

College finals must have you stressed. I was busting your balls as I always do, geez man. When I see retarded comments, I respond. What that guy told you is just that, retarded. Whether he's pro/anti trickflow, edelbrock whatever. Their all PROVEN. You know I don't care what head you picked. I just wanna make sure you stick a camshaft in it and make some power.

As far as getting into wars, hey, the truth hurts some people ;)

See ya around sugartits :p

Hey just wondering, but how come there is just about nobody using or praising any of the edelbrock heads? I'm pretty new to all of this but I never hear anything about the edelbrocks. What gives?

michael66899 said:
Hey just wondering, but how come there is just about nobody using or praising any of the edelbrock heads? I'm pretty new to all of this but I never hear anything about the edelbrocks. What gives?
The e-brock heads are said to flow close if not better than the AFR's. Why hardly no here is using them I have no clue. But they are great heads and no one will agrue that.

Joes95GT said:
Actually, an Edelbrock headed car will run right with an AFR headed car if cammed right. I see no reason why not.

I'll be trying to prove that.....hopefully sometime this year..:rolleyes:

Joe

^^^^^^^^....the car I'm very anxious to see what it does!!!

PS...my car will be slow for awhile. Jake = no money

Jake

Killercanary said:
What's the status on your car now Joe? Is the rear still in pieces?
Trying to get anything done to my car is like asking to get punched in the face. :D

We just moved and the house came with a lot of unexpected crap. The back cement patio, for some reason, was poured sloping towards our Florida room. It rotted the studs, got into the carpet, etc. so that room had to be torn apart, and we needed 6k worth of concrete work done (there were footers in the cement patio that had to be dug up). Then, the people that we bought the house from lived there for 20-some years - they NEVER opened the windows. Needless to say, all of the windows were stuck shut. We needed something like 16 new windows. I never knew how expensive windows were!

I feel really bad asking my Dad to do anything with my car right now, but he did say that we'll probably get it done the weekend after Memorial Day weekend (we're going away that weekend). Then, up to Kauffmans I go. Then Cecil.

We shall see.

BTW, it's nice to see that you ain't dead Jake. :nice:

Joe

Grn92LX said:
College finals must have you stressed. I was busting your balls as I always do, geez man. When I see retarded comments, I respond. What that guy told you is just that, retarded. Whether he's pro/anti trickflow, edelbrock whatever. Their all PROVEN. You know I don't care what head you picked. I just wanna make sure you stick a camshaft in it and make some power.

As far as getting into wars, hey, the truth hurts some people ;)

See ya around sugartits :p

I love how you sugar coat it what you say. "I was busting your balls as I always do...", "When I see retarded comments..." . So then I guess an opinion that isn't trickflow praising is retarded to the trickflow guys out there. I think your getting a little crazy about the AFR vs. trickflow thing. And if I recall I wrote basically for its worth, not stating a fact but merely an opinion.
I think its nuts that I fight with a friend b/c i went with AFR's :bang: .
There were no instructions included for that...