which spoiler is more functional

• Sponsors (?)

stock wing you can feel more around 70mph and up. I had no spoiler on and i can feel the difference between have no spoiler and a spioler. As for cobra, saleen, or roush; don't know. but steeda is suppose to have a good one.

mogs01gt said:
Only ones that are fuctional is the 00 Cobra R wing and MAYBE the steeda.
Definitely agree. Cobra R is a fully functional wing. After that, the Steeda wing. The Roush and Saleen wings seem to also have a semblance of functionality (I say this based on their design , not their name), but are more for looks compared to the above. I have a hard time seeing how the stock wing could provide any functionality... :shrug:

i just completed a 150 mile drive in my newly wingless 03 GT. It didn't feel any different than when I had the wing on. I was cruising between 80-90 mph with a couple of short bursts to over 100.

1990StangLX said:
i just completed a 150 mile drive in my newly wingless 03 GT. It didn't feel any different than when I had the wing on. I was cruising between 80-90 mph with a couple of short bursts to over 100.

were you making turns??

don't know about you guys but it makes a little little difference with the stock spoiler..

I agree with Kappa. Drove thru a couple of S's I take every day to work and without the wing the car's rear seems to want to kick out more. Took those turns a little slower. Otherwise I dig the wingless look.

KaPPaBaLL said:
were you making turns??

don't know about you guys but it makes a little little difference with the stock spoiler..
this was on I-5, a 6 lane highway. the only turning i was doing was to either change lanes or follow the road as it curved through southern california.

bird said:
I switched from my stock 98 Cobra to a Griggs Racing wing. Really it looks more like a NASA car spoiler. But it did make the rear feel more planed at the plus70+ speeds over the stock piece.

Griggs Spoiler

Rob

do you have any pics of it on your car? those two pics arnt the best..

KaPPaBaLL said:
were you making turns??

It's all in your head. If the stock spoiler (which is a totally different intent from a wing) has any benefit whatsoever performance wise, it's totally by accident. I would venture to say it has no inherent value. These things were designed with one thing in mind..."How does it look?"

[QUOTE='01 Steed]It's all in your head. If the stock spoiler (which is a totally different intent from a wing) has any benefit whatsoever performance wise, it's totally by accident. I would venture to say it has no inherent value. These things were designed with one thing in mind..."How does it look?"[/QUOTE]
yup thats my philosophy. and thats why i had no reservations about removing the wing. to me it just looks better.

[QUOTE='01 Steed]It's all in your head. If the stock spoiler (which is a totally different intent from a wing) has any benefit whatsoever performance wise, it's totally by accident. I would venture to say it has no inherent value. These things were designed with one thing in mind..."How does it look?"[/QUOTE]

i drove it, felt the difference, so i guess it's in my head. you're right. :rolleyes: