which spoiler is more functional

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty much what everybody else says, stock wing is for looks. Steeda wing is functional but I don't believe provides the downforce as Cobra R wing. i.e. Steeda went to Cobra R wing on their #20 car. Saleen wing has me a little baffled...A friend of mine says that its effective since it effectively elongates the rear deck of the car, but I just started my fluid mechanics class so i guess I'll find out at the end of the semester. :)

I could live with the griggs wing. the R and the steeda wing look exactly the opposite of how I would like a wing to look on my car. Any wing that is the first thing that catches you eye is just too much. I just plain don't corner my car to the extreme than I would ever really need a wing. I don't see the point of adding a wing that noticable when they can push cars to 200mph+ with a wing that is almost not noticable.

KaPPaBaLL said:
i drove it, felt the difference, so i guess it's in my head. you're right. :rolleyes:

No flame intended. I just think it has more to do with the sense that you're feeling the difference, so to speak. Kinda like when you change the oil...you could swear that baby runs better, but the truth is, it's not running better. It's just a perception. I mean really, how fast are you cornering?

The spoiler on my o1 GT is perfectly functional.

1. It covers up the 4 holes Ford put in my decklid.
2. It adds just enough downforce to close the decklid after I get something out of the trunk.
3. Makes a great place to set drinks.

:p

[QUOTE='01 Steed]No flame intended. I just think it has more to do with the sense that you're feeling the difference, so to speak. Kinda like when you change the oil...you could swear that baby runs better, but the truth is, it's not running better. It's just a perception. I mean really, how fast are you cornering?[/QUOTE]

I can say that the right spoiler does help and will make the car feel more stable. Would I install a spoiler over lets say a 3 link system or wider and sticker tires thinking I would get the same results? No, but I did install the spoiler for the reason that my suspension was done and I felt the rear was a little on the loose side going in and coming out of turns. I do understand that you can make adjustment to the suspension. But the info I did get from the people over at Griggs Racing was that I would feel a difference and they didn't lie. In April of 2002 I was part of an HPD even over in Limerock, CT. At one part of the track there is a downhill where at the bottom it changes to a right hand turn leading into a straight. I felt the rear was on the loose side, but in other turns the car felt well balanced. 2003 I made it back with the new spoiler on the car and the same turn the car felt more stable at that same down hill.

Rob

[QUOTE='01 Steed]Bird, you may get results from aftermarket "wings", but are you saying that you're getting results from the factory "spoiler"?[/QUOTE]

I never ran my car without a spoiler so I really can't say. But I do believe the factory Ford spoilers does help. At what speed I could not guess.

Rob

Our stock ones functional? I don't think so. Take a look at the way NASCAR spoilers sit, just to get them into the airflow to get downforce. The rules not withstanding. Take a look at the ones on Pro-Stock and Funny Cars. Either they extend beyond the rear decklid, adding more rear area or they stand up above the roof height to get into the airflow over the body. Ones that allow for angle adjustments would work, and there are some mentioned here, but too much angle adds drag to the additional downforce (NASCAR exemplefied), so slower we go, but we have downforce. ;-)