Whipple/Procharged cars tuned at JPC Racing

anthony05gt

Mar 18, 2006
Maryland
My son and I went to JPC Racing yesterday for a dyno visit with Justin Burcham and Kevin MacDonald with both '05 cars. It was a cool day in the 40's near sea level so we're talking about some good #'s on these runs!

My Whipple car topped out at about 10.5 lbs boost 534.3 rwhp and 502 rwtq. Whoa horsey! Talk about great air! My son's Procharged car topped out close to 10 lbs boost 499.3 rwhp and about 438-440 rwtq. Kevin MacDonald really has these cars tuned like they rolled right off the dealer's lot as usual. Not only does he get the a/f ratios correct, but he spends quite some time on all of the driveability issues that these cars can suffer from with blowers huffing away. He had our cars out on the street several times making sure they didn't go home with the hick-ups and only a WOT tune. Both cars left the shop for an hour ride home with absolutely no issues.

Justin Burcham has been a great guy since I met him. He has hooked me up with the best prices on most everything I buy for this car and I highly recommend JPC Racing. It seems the more business I do with him, the better it gets. That's no bull.

Here's our dyno sheets:

My car
View attachment 345971

My son's car
View attachment 345973

Here's a vid of of one of my runs on the dyno. Kevin MacDonald is at the wheel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKfIxPPlv-c

This vid is of my son's car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkehVppFQVs

• Sponsors (?)

I thought around 450 hp was tops for our cars on stock internals, or do you have forged? Anyway, awesome numbers and he sounds like a great guy. It's nice to hookup with someone who actually cars about you.

I just noticed your from Maryland, I live in Ohio, but go through western Maryland on my way to W,VA. Where is JPC racing located ? Maryland isn't too far away and I don't know of any good tuners around here, not saying there isn't any, I just haven't heard of them.

Awesome #s anthony! Your car got loud real quick at WOT:nice:
Looking at your son's graph puzzles me a bit. I thought HP and TQ always crossed at 5250 RPM. His looks to cross around 5750:shrug:

Kooldawg, you are right that they always cross at 5250, since HP is a mathematical formula using the torque. The reason this one crosses at a different RPM is because the scales are different for HP and TQ. If they were on the same scale, they would cross as you expect.

Nice numbers by the way!

Kooldawg, you are right that they always cross at 5250, since HP is a mathematical formula using the torque. The reason this one crosses at a different RPM is because the scales are different for HP and TQ. If they were on the same scale, they would cross as you expect.

Nice numbers by the way!

I was thinking the same thing because the torque scales are different between the 2 car's graphs.