White Faced Gauge...Feedback?

• Sponsors (?)

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
i bought some MAC white faces....unfortunatly they sent me a messed up set....i didnt get the side with the oil pressure gauge....i got 2 of the side with the gas gauge..... :mad:

Anthony

I remember that, but what do you think of the gauges? The pic looks like it is ONE BIG piece, but I thought they were 3 pieces. Also, is that not a good price?
savings.jpg

RC

as far as i know the ones for our cars come in 3 pieces....they seemed rather nice, right up until i went to put them in and realized i couldnt lol.....
i found em cheaper on ebay....but i think thats a good price on average....

Anthony

Rob, i say order em if you want em....if your gonna save on shipping then go for it....i just happened to stumble on the ones i found for cheap....unfortunatly like i said it didnt really end up being a deal cuz they were f'ed up....but it seems like a good price.....

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
Rob, i say order em if you want em....if your gonna save on shipping then go for it....i just happened to stumble on the ones i found for cheap....unfortunatly like i said it didnt really end up being a deal cuz they were f'ed up....but it seems like a good price.....

Thanks Anthony..
Ill be calling you for help..I still dont know how to take apart that dash assembly

:stupid:
RC

Who is the Manufacture? I have heard in the past that the MAC white face guages have problems with lighting at night. Maybe this is due to prep when putting them on. maybe some one on here has purchased these and cangive some feedback. The price looks good to me. If the feed back is good I will buy a set also!

I have a set of white face guages from 50resto. I agree, they suck at night, pretty dim. They're easy to install, didn't take me long at all. You have to be careful setting all the needles back on. Make sure the car is cold and has a full tank of gas so you can adjust them right. Also don't push the needles on all the way or they'll stick.

I had the MAC white face gauges in the past, and I thought they were 50/50. The lettering looks good, very much like factory, but the alignment wasn't perfect and the backlighting was very uneven. There's nothing to prep to make the lighting any better -- the factory gagues have even lighting because Ford varies the amount of light allowed to go through the gauges at different points ... where the bulbs are, it lets less light get through than where there isn't a bulb. The result is fairly even lighting. On the MAC's, the entire gauage face gets the same lighting, which means that it's noticably brighter where there's a bulb, and there are dark spots at the points farthest away from the bulbs.

Dave

There we go. I know the pics aren't that good but you get the idea. I need to take some pics of them at night. They look bad ass. The good thing about speedhut you can fully customize your gauges. And if you want something you don't see, you can call them and them will make it for you.

mvc054s.jpg

mvc058s.jpg

Those look awesome. Actually, I was just over at their website and was designing some with the Ford Racing logo. This may sound liek a stupid question, but on the design template they give you the tach a speedo are reversed of our car. So as long as I put the logo on the right (option # 1), it will get put on the tach, right?

I think I'm going to do a set with black lettering and paint my gauge needles red.

Hey vibe - I got it right this time : gauge!