Who does their own taxes?

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
I need to get mine done, yes I know the deadline is the 15th here in NJ so I don't need any lectures on how I should have gotten it done earlier, where does everybody go? or do you all do your own? How much does everybody pay for theirs?

• Sponsors (?)

That’s funny I just finished my Taxes on Saturday LOL … I use Tax Cut Premium E-file about $40… its easy to use and you can get help H&R Block if you get stuck. If they have an office near by you can just go to them directly.

Good Luck :)

Turbotaxonline.com

So easy, takes me about 45 minutes every year for my wife and I. I've used it for the past 5 years and the first year I did it, I went to my old tax guy to see what number he came up with and the numbers matched! :nice:

The best thing about doing your own taxes is that you educate yourself in the process, and knowing what is going on could come in handy someday. Besides, taxes aren't that hard to do anyways, all you gotta do is sit down and read the stuff and fill in boxes.

I've already gotten my refund checks. This year i got the largest refund i've ever gotten.

But you can tell i'm getting old...i deposited it all into my savings acount...not the one I have set up for "fun stuff" like the Mustangs but the serious one that I can't take out of unless it's to buy a house :(

I do mine every year, because I'm a cheapskate and don't want to give a penny of my refund to some goon in a cubicle that wants $100+ to do the same thing I can do myself in like 30 minutes. My taxes are usually idiot-simple, though, and just take a 1040EZ and 140EZ (Arizona) form.

I did Frankenstang's taxes this year, and had everything right except for one detail - her daughter filed for taxes this year, so she couldn't claim her as a dependent, nor could her daughter say she could be claimed, so they both wound up getting less than they expected. :doh:

Well I got mine done today, I didn't wanna mess around with only a day left till the deadline so I went to H&R block on my lunch break, I was out and done 20 minutes later. If everything's right I'll be getting back $2,600 ish....$1,750 from one place, $200 from the other and $600 from the president. I know he is giving out those nice refunds depending on how much you made or w/e. This is all from working for 4 months only, I made 14k in that amount of time, not too shabby for a 20 year old. It seems like alot of money for such little time don't it?