Who would support a shop in Oklahoma?

donsbad68

Immensely Educated
Jan 4, 2003
Oklahoma
Well guys I'm about to grad with my Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering and with my emense Mustang background I was thinking about heading to Norman with my fiance and family and opening a Ford only performance shop. Are there any stangers on here that would try us out if I headed down? We would be staffed by 4 and would start out small. Thanks for the input guys! Just trying to weigh my options.

Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

donsbad68 said:
Well guys I'm about to grad with my Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering and with my emense Mustang background I was thinking about heading to Norman with my fiance and family and opening a Ford only performance shop. Are there any stangers on here that would try us out if I headed down? We would be staffed by 4 and would start out small. Thanks for the input guys! Just trying to weigh my options.
Dustin
:scratch:

donsbad68 said:

Dustin
don't you mean immense Dr. Mechanical Engineering??

DropTopPony said:
hmmm i didn't know cattle drove? Are their people in OK?

j/k...congrats on getting done.
believe it or not, we just got our first paved road the other day. The town is going crazy! :lol:

And yes, we have plenty of stangers out here.

What part of NJ are you from? My family is from NJ and we've got a shore house in Toms River.

94GTStang said:
believe it or not, we just got our first paved road the other day. The town is going crazy! :lol:

And yes, we have plenty of stangers out here.

What part of NJ are you from? My family is from NJ and we've got a shore house in Toms River.
are you being serious about the road? In my grandparents neighborhood in Florida they don't have any in their community. All expensive Lake houses too...

I live in Morrestown NJ, my shore house is in Cape May....Toms river is a hotbed of Mustangs.

you spent all those years in school just to open a mustang shop... I can do that and I never spent one day in school :p but 11 years experience with 8 of them on Fords helps a little.

Well now I am going to thread jack a little.. :lol:

I am thinking of doing the same thing in southern,nh I already have financial backing I just want to wait until my wife finishes school..

DropTopPony said:
are you being serious about the road? In my grandparents neighborhood in Florida they don't have any in their community. All expensive Lake houses too...

I live in Morrestown NJ, my shore house is in Cape May....Toms river is a hotbed of Mustangs.
Yea, I'm just playing around about the paved road. I live south of the city in a suburb, but we have many paved roads and nice homes.

Yea, Toms River is pretty hoping. I love sitting up at night and listening to all the cool cars going down 37 and over the bridge to Seaside. :hail2:

But of course, there is Down's Ford there off 37. They USED to be a Saleen dealer and we loved stopping by and drooling.

94GTStang said:
Yea, I'm just playing around about the paved road. I live south of the city in a suburb, but we have many paved roads and nice homes.

Yea, Toms River is pretty hoping. I love sitting up at night and listening to all the cool cars going down 37 and over the bridge to Seaside. :hail2:

But of course, there is Down's Ford there off 37. They USED to be a Saleen dealer and we loved stopping by and drooling.
Downs used to be the poop back in the 5.0 days. They had some bad ass cars running around NJ.

svttech76 said:
I am thinking of doing the same thing in southern,nh I already have financial backing I just want to wait until my wife finishes school..

Mike, if you do end up opening a shop, I will definitely come to you for work (once I get back to MA anyway).

donsbad68, if you do great work, get things done on time and aren't too outrageously priced, you can bet the you'll have a solid following. just dont turn out to be like MD

Nice job guys I didnt notice my gramatical errors. For those who question my prowess in the field, I assure you I have my ASE certification and have produced some championship caliber cars for NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, WFC, and IHRA seasons and events.

Dustin