why do X pipes sound "bad"??

• Sponsors (?)

magnaflow catted x and magnapack exhaust and it's not raspy at all, very deep down low and at WOT it SCCREEEAAAMMSS. the interior noise is minimal too. it's not until i put the top down or drive through a parking garage or underpass that i realize how loud it is. hehehe in parking garages i set off car alarms.

AdamantiumKnot said:
magnaflow catted x and magnapack exhaust and it's not raspy at all, very deep down low and at WOT it SCCREEEAAAMMSS. the interior noise is minimal too. it's not until i put the top down or drive through a parking garage or underpass that i realize how loud it is. hehehe in parking garages i set off car alarms.
as we left for the track on Weds, I was last in the chain of cars (5 cars) and there was a bike behind me. The bike guy said I set off a car parked on the side of the street. All I did was regular 3k shifting.
:rlaugh:

In parking garages, just starting my car will set off alarms if it's within 10 cars. I hate those stupid alarms.

I love my catted X as well. I don't find too many stangers unhappy with catted X's sound - it's mostly the O/R X variety that seems to bring out the boo birds. Great advice to go out to a dyno day, track - car shows and find a sound you like and talk to the owner.

46gtsblown said:
Who gives a rats ass what it sounds like I am in it for performance.
If I get the Performance I want then sound is secondary. If it just happens to please someone elses ears that is a bonus but not a priority.
PS I like the screaming for mercy sound.

Dwayne

AMEN! I was about to write the exact same thing.. My MAC catted H-Pipe and cat-back exhaust gave me 10 rwhp withough any other mods and was easy as hell to install.. That's all I care about..

i sold a friend with a mach 1 on my setup last night, have prices been goin up on the magnaflows though? i don't remember paying more than $390 for the catback and like $340 or 50 for the x-pipe