Why I shouldnt get a LS/Lt 1

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like to have an LS1 myself, it's not on the top of my list, but it's up there for when I get a job to just buy one of them instead of modding the 5.0. But then my friend is getting a lt/ls1 and I gotta represent. And I like my stang, long history, same stang picked me up in kindergarden. And the nose and dash is way too long and bulky for me. But go with what you want. Camaros are pretty sick, so are stangs. :D Good luck!

the 95 has been sold (dammnit) due to financial reasons(dammnit). Ive just never liked chevys but i dont feel like playing catch up to ls1s .I sat in a trans am the other day and Hated the way it sat and lookin out the windshield it just felt like crap, so i dont know why i think a camaro would be any different. T/A is fast and all but just didnt feel as good as a mustang.

to save you from car payments or another financial hassle(or if you got the money well go for the ls1) buy you a cheap,nice,straight body notch,throw in a h/c/i/ juice 5 liter,and you have the looks of your mustang and kill those pesky mullet style chevy's all day long.

I own both , a 94 z and a 94 cobra ,the z has way more torque and is alot faster than the 94 cobra,however the cobra is alot easier to modify and you do have to make alot of modifications to make it comparible to the z,the z is a nightmare to work on,the Cobra is fun..the cobra is stiffer but the z is lower and aerodynamically superior...i remember my first ride in the cobra on the highway after drivin a z for the last ten years..i felt up in the air and vulnerable..the Cobra feels more agile ,even though it is heavier..I bought a Cobra cause I started working for Ford and the Svt team at the auto show in Detroit told me to look for a 94-95 Cobra..I did and i bought one and i am modifying the hell out of it....I can tell you that either car is a great buy right now..get one with the lowest milage and put some good meats on it..a word of caution; Nitros has a tendency to warp the aluminum heads on a 94 z-28...have fun and get ready to dish out some money to the insurance company!

chefster said:
I own both , a 94 z and a 94 cobra ,the z has way more torque and is alot faster than the 94 cobra,however the cobra is alot easier to modify and you do have to make alot of modifications to make it comparible to the z,the z is a nightmare to work on,the Cobra is fun..the cobra is stiffer but the z is lower and aerodynamically superior...i remember my first ride in the cobra on the highway after drivin a z for the last ten years..i felt up in the air and vulnerable..the Cobra feels more agile ,even though it is heavier..I bought a Cobra cause I started working for Ford and the Svt team at the auto show in Detroit told me to look for a 94-95 Cobra..I did and i bought one and i am modifying the hell out of it....I can tell you that either car is a great buy right now..get one with the lowest milage and put some good meats on it..a word of caution; Nitros has a tendency to warp the aluminum heads on a 94 z-28...have fun and get ready to dish out some money to the insurance company!

I thought that we were easily lighter than F-bodys? I know we arent that much heavier if we are...but maybe im mistaken.

But on your decision...if you get a f-body, get a LS-1. You dont want to play catchup to them...and even with a LT-1 you are gonna be playing catch up to them. I love trans ams...when i can afford one i will be getting one. But if money is an issue, i say get a 5.0 and mod it. I like having a unique package that can go fast. Instead of having something that everyone has that is the same speed(unless u mod the Ls-1 too...but thats even more money) :shrug:

They are fast. It's just too bad that is sounds like the motor is sitting in your lap, and the dash jumps everytime you hit a bump, oh, and make sure you have enough cash laying around to replace the clutch and/or rearend every other year or so. Good luck.
Brandon

ponypowa2 said:
but sitting in that car is horrible..

To each their own.

Gt1995, if you didn't like the T/A, you're not going to like a Camaro any more. It'd also be kinda tough to find a nice LS1 Firebird or Camaro for anywhere near what you'd pay for a 94-95 GT...unless you didn't mind one with 80k+ miles on it. LT1s have come down in price but as already said, you'd still be playing catch up to LS1s until you started with the mods.

I have a black 94 Cobra with chrome 95 cobra Rs and love the way the car looks. vs a Camaro or Ram air. Sit behind the wheel of the f-bodys and it feels like you are driving a long nose caddilac. But they are fast tonight at the track my buddies 01 super sport ran a 11.99 on motor with just bolt on's no heads or cam mods. Then he ran a 10.90 on the bottle. Not bad I think for a bolt on car. So if all you care about is speed get a LS1 not an LT1. I have heard many nightmares about LT1's. But the camaros doe look plain. If you want looks,comfort and speed get a mustang and put a blower on like mine you will keep up or bet thos camaros but it may cost you more to do so remember we have 302's not 350's.

my z is an automatic,so it is point and go,i actually use it for my winter car now with all snows and 100# in back. The hatch allows me to put my triathlon race bike in without much trouble. Its better for drinking coffee,and you can easily drive it with your knees......the cobra doesn't even do well takin off in rain,you work alot more driving it,its not good for cell phone users,i don't use one...however i find it more radical and exciting to drive,and it gets alot mor attention..i had to buy a ford,it was gonna be a 56 pickup or 94 Cobra...I love the Cobra and I like working at drivin it,i am not a passive driver,i drive to drive

I already got an explorer so lugging crap around and other things is no problem, **** a f-body im getting another mustang hopefully Cobra.i must have been smoking crack last night. Please exuse the contemplating a mullet-mobile

I almost bought a ws6 after i totalled my 95 gt vert a few years ago. Took a couple for a test drive and liked the stang more. It was a lot faster than my 95 but also more expensive. I took the extra $ and put it to my 94gt. I couldn't be more pleased with my decision.

Still I love the look of the ws6 from the front. Mean as hell looking.