Why is it Turbo systems are still in the dark?

• Sponsors (?)

OinkAodeOink said:
green, people have done it.. Thats how Hellion's kits are ( the fox body has a log style pass side header). The 99-04 Kits have both stock headers in the stock location.. I plan to copy their setup on my 01 GT.
but they also have an aftermarket k-member so the pipes can fit under. there is probably some way around that tho ...

I would go with a Twin Turbo setup but I have low $$ and in looking at the price of a turbo kit and a super the super is about the same price and would only take about 1 day to do. Where as a turbo would take a little loonger. have to tap into the oil pain and that just seems like a pin to me lol. Maybe when I get a Race car I'll do Trubo but till then I'll go super but right now I'm not doing either LOL. Its quite funny that most the supers on the stangs I see are Pretty much a turbo but with out using the exhaust gas to move the impeller its the belt. I would much rather go with a twin screw or roots :-D

TSWG00 said:
I would go with a Twin Turbo setup but I have low $$ and in looking at the price of a turbo kit and a super the super is about the same price and would only take about 1 day to do. Where as a turbo would take a little loonger. have to tap into the oil pain and that just seems like a pin to me lol. Maybe when I get a Race car I'll do Trubo but till then I'll go super but right now I'm not doing either LOL. Its quite funny that most the supers on the stangs I see are Pretty much a turbo but with out using the exhaust gas to move the impeller its the belt. I would much rather go with a twin screw or roots :-D
You have to tap the pan for a supercharger too, unless you get a KB.

Dont go thinking a TT kit will be less money.... a USED T3 in decent shape goes for around $150... times 2 thats $300.. then figure you will probably have to rebuild both of them because they are worn out... thats another $200 if you do it yourself, so you're allready up to $500 in two USED turbos. Been there, done that... I'm speaking from experience.

Its quite funny that most the supers on the stangs I see are Pretty much a turbo but with out using the exhaust gas to move the impeller its the belt.

how is that funny?

Do you guys think the T70 is stupid for me? Im thinkin of running at 6-8psi since I dont want to wreck anything, I have stock internals. Down the road I want to build a nice 347 though or at least build a nice motor from bottom up, prob a 306 if I dont do 347.

Its also sorta a daily driver, I have a truck that I drive to work but other then work I usually cruise in my stang around. I park it for winter. It doesnt get many Ks but its not like I drive it once a week or only at the track.

One Wicked SVT said:
LMAO!!!!

KID, STOP DREAMING!

You wont even be ABLE TO USE A VOLVO COOLER!
Why not?

One Wicked SVT said:
GAS TANK HOSES?!?!? PVC PIPING(been done, but WHY?!?)
Uh it's cheaper than buying cold side piping...

One Wicked SVT said:
YEA! goodluck supporting 600hp with teeny weeny T3's, especially that size you plan on using, and with the VOLVO INTERCOOLER for $20!
Why can teeny weeny 2.3T's make 300 with them? The intercooler does suck but it would work for the time being, I'm only hoping for 400-450 anyways. Down the road you can always make t3/t4''s

One Wicked SVT said:
ahh GOODLUCK all in ALL.
Thanks, and if my garage would work you would see the major frame rot I repaired when I bought my car...I know how to weld. It's the cost of the fuel system holding me back.