why not the alternator/water pump pulley's?

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
when doing a 351 swap why do you need a special adapter bracket to line up the a/c and power steering pulleys but not the alternator and water pump pulleys? or is that not the reason for the adapter bracket? obviously im missing something could someone please enlighten me to this issue. and can i use a 94 efi truck 5.8 distributor for my swap?

• Sponsors (?)

That is correct. A 351W is actually a taller motor than a 302 due to different block size. Spacing of the front equipment for belt alignment (front to block) is same for both motors, it is just that the mounting holes on the heads are moved upwards on the 351W block therefore needing that special adapter if using a stock P/S and AC alum bracket.

Another option for ya if you want things really pretty and got dough to cash out is the March pulleys. Let me know if you want to know how they look.

That is correct. A 351W is actually a taller motor than a 302 due to different block size. Spacing of the front equipment for belt alignment (front to block) is same for both motors, it is just that the mounting holes on the heads are moved upwards on the 351W block therefore needing that special adapter if using a stock P/S and AC alum bracket.

Another option for ya if you want things really pretty and got dough to cash out is the March pulleys. Let me know if you want to know how they look.

100% correct. I also have march pullies but i wish i didn't fork out the dough on these brackets. Damn expensive. My car is not a show car so this is probably the mod i regret the most. Find the brackets off a 351w truck and sand em down and paint them. Way cheaper.