Why so much vacuum???

• Sponsors (?)

Was there a baffle on the underside of the new intake?
The baffle is needed to prevent oil from splashing up the pcv.

Is there any blowby?
A compression check and leakdown test should answer that.

Did you install the separator with the filter element intact?
It seems to work better for most folks when the filter element has been broken out of the separator.

jason

Some guy in your last thread,(r.barn5.0) with an SSI has the same problem and feels that the underside baffle has a gap at the back that`s too big allowing oil to get sucked up.
He also says BBK has no answers and is no help.

i once called up bbk because i was having fitment issues with their catted hpipe. now i found out why it didnt fit and it wasnt their part at fault, but i also wasnt accusing them of anything and jus asking them for pointers or input. the guy on the other line whose name i cant remember was so freaking rude and snotty i coudlnt believe it. never in my life have i ever talked to tech support where the guy on the other line was that arrogant. its that simple phone call that solidified my not ever buying anything from them again and thats with my hpipe working fine. i have heard stories of people who bought their throttle bodies and the screws on the butterfly backing out and taking out engines, and in so many words they jus tell them to go F themselves.