Widdest tire in the back?

• Sponsors (?)

Not a clear back shot .... but if I can get a chance .... I'll go out & get one.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Found it
516441_169_full.jpg

Not the best pic, but you get the idea.

95_5.0_stang said:
Dang, that first pic makes the tire look WIDE. What do you guys think is the best place to find tires. The best bang for the buck tires.

tirerack.com, is THE best place for tires. I got my 255's for $90, and my 315's for $120.

95_5.0_stang said:
Hmm, how do you like those tires. How is the wear on em? Do they grip pretty well?

They are pretty cheap at tirerack.com.

I like them all right. The wear on the HTRZ II's is better than the HTRZ's, I got a little over a year out of them, that's with multiple track visits (30+ passes on them) and lots of aggressive street driving. The traction is okay, definitely not the best, but not bad either. When I first got the Sumi's (stock motor, 255's out back), I couldn't hardly spin first at all. When I first got the 315's put on (Cobra intake, mid-pipe, gears, a few bolt-ons), I could once again no longer spin first unless I was trying. I should say, they aren't good track tires, the best I ever managed with them was a 2.1, but on the street they're pretty good. Good for the money anyway.

17x11 Torq Thrust II's with 315x35x17 yokohama avs sports in the rear, and the 17x9 Torq Thrust II's with 275x40x17 yokohama avs spots in front.

The extra .5 over the 10.5in rear rim shows...also from what I have read/seen 315 is the largest tire that should be run on a 10.5 rim and any bigger you should step up to a wider rim.

Its an old old pic...I hope to get some new ones soon...I added bullit springs (lower about 3/4-1in now) and a 94-98 cobra front bumper since...I also want to get a pic or two of the 15x3.5 / 15x8 weld pro-stars that I have for the track...I got nice rims for both street and track:D

SeventyMach1 said:
IMO, yeah, 275's are a hair too wide on a 17x9. I run 255's on mine ..... & think it is a hair too narrow. This leads me to believe a 265 tire is the perfect size for a 17x9 up front.

And on a 10.5" wheel .... you DO NOT wnat to put a 265 on there! That would look really wierd ..... not to mention that if you curbed it on accident .... your wheel would DEFINITELY take some damage. Go 315 or 325.

I've got 03 cobra wheels and run 255/275 respectively. IMHO 275's for the rear, on a 17x9, are fine! But!! I wish I had gotten a 285 for the rear, maybe bigger. Our fenderwells are huge compared th the Fox-bodied cars! I've worked at Tire Kingdom to Sears and 275's on a 17x9 are barely enough. You could fit a lot more on there. ALSO...each tire manufacturer is not the same as the next. My Kumho's might look totally different than your BFG's or Nitto's.