Widdest tire in the back?

• Sponsors (?)

My 275's in the rear look dinky to me now. I remember saying how much I couldn't wait to get 255's because my 245's looked skinny....then i got 255's, they looked big for a while, then after a while, looked too small again, on to 275's.....fine until JUST NOW.....well, off to the drawing board again

315/35/17's
275/40's up front
image1.jpg

shine640.jpg

I havn't really pushed it too hard in the turns with these tires, Im afraid the rear tires will rub the fender under hard cornering(need subframes). From what I can tell, it seems to grip pretty good in the corners if the road's fairly smooth. It wanders all over the place on rough roads.

The reason I went with 275's is because they're the same height as stock. I believe 255/45's are a little taller, and 265/40's are a little shorter than stock. Plus the wider tire matches the rear a little better.

gt-351 said:
Hey guys, don't forget he said the swapped the rear from a 1988. I think the axels are longer on our cars than a fox.

Yea, this is basically why I asked. The axle housing/gears are from the 88' and the axle shafts are from the 95' because I had to do a 5 lug swap. Should it still work?