will 1.7 rockers and stock cam make a noticable idle.

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
hello, i am going to put the car back togethere now and i want it to have a little bit of a noticable idle to it. i have been hearing bad things about the motorsport cams and everything else it too expensive. i was thinking about using maybe a stock HO cam or thunderbird cam since i hear it is the same as the 93 cobra cam and use 1.7's with a torker II intake and either a holley 600 or carter 650 carb, shorty headers, O/R x pipe, force mufflers and a 5 speed. anybody know this question. not sure of the year of motor, i got it from company that sells used motors from wrecked cars. all i know is that it has a fuel pump eccentric to run a mech. fuel pump and it is a roller motor. i will be using either E6 heads or 289 heads. probably the e6's though since they are rebuilt.

• Sponsors (?)

man, first of all it is safe to go with an alhpabet cam. E303,B303,F303,X303 they all are great cams and will kick some butt on the street.people just say **** like "oh those cams suck" because they are old and arent the newest stuff out. which that dont matter, ive seen stangs with E303's rape others with those new comp cam energy camshafts. i'd go with an E303 if you want a slightly rougher idle. just putting 1.7's on a stock cam will not make it lope harder, alls you are doing is increasing lift. to effect idle you need to change duration and overlap on your cam. stage 1 TFS cam is basically an E303 cam, they both have the exact effects.

i noticed a tiny difference in my car when i installed 1.7s
not neccesarily a lope, but a meatier sound.

could also be my head playing tricks so...

people i know personally all say thay it does change the sound a bit.
everyone on here says they dont.

i think they do just a bit

Foxfan88 said:
i noticed a tiny difference in my car when i installed 1.7s
not neccesarily a lope, but a meatier sound.

could also be my head playing tricks so...

people i know personally all say thay it does change the sound a bit.
everyone on here says they dont.

i think they do just a bit

After I put heads and 1.7RRs on it the car had the same sound, it was just deeper (before you could hear it idle, now you can feel it) and quite a bit louder above 1500 rpms.