Will 28" High tires fit my car?

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
I am looking for some slicks or drag radials I can borrow for when I go to the track so I can get in the 12's and a freind has some 28" tall tires that are about 10-12" wide. I do not think they wiull fit, but I fig. I will ask. My car is lowered with eibach sportlines. Im going to go outside and get some measruements and post them in a second. Where should I measeure? Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

these are the measurements I came up with:

Current tire is: 24.5-24.75" Tall- 9.5" Wide across the top of the tire

The bottom of the fender sits 25.5" off the ground

From the insde of the fender well to the insde of the fender is 12"

What's the actual radial size of tire you're running now?

I'm pretty sure as long as it's not too wide you can run it, also has to do with what back spacing the rim it's on has, and if you've still got quads or not. I'm pretty sure you can run a 26/10.5 with the right back spacing with no problems, but i'd guess that a 28 would require at least air bags to keep from hitting the inner fenders.

well, i run a 265/50/R15 on 10 holes on my car, and i dont rub a bit, even with about 30 pounds of tools, a full size 245 spare tire, floor jack and various other BS, not to mention on wore out shocks. My mufflers will scrape before my tires do. If anything you may have to beat on the inner fender lip some to get a 285 to fit.

Does it look stupid on a little 7 inch rim?? My tires only slightly bulge out on a 7 inch rim, i'd think a 285 would be worse.