Will 335's fit?

shhak

Dec 4, 2006
Just wondering, will 335's fit my 03 cobra? I have heard both ways... I got the rounded head IRS bolts that are supposed to give you that little bit of added clearence, but don't know if it'll help or not. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering, will 335's fit my 03 cobra? I have heard both ways... I got the rounded head IRS bolts that are supposed to give you that little bit of added clearence, but don't know if it'll help or not. Thanks
Depending on the rim size and brand of tire you'll need more than just the rounded IRS bolts for 335's to fit. You'll need at least a 5/8 inch hub centric spacer and extended reach lug-nuts or one of those 1 inch spacers with the built in lugs. You may even need to roll the fender lip.

U.M.

Yeah, I kind of figured I'd need the wheel to sit out a little more. U.M, do you happen to know the best size and backspacing for me to get when I order my own bogarts? I've been running a friends bogarts, and they are the 16x10's in the rear, but I think they sit under the car a little too far. He claims they are the size and backspacing that bogart recommends for the cobras, but I've seen others that sit out a little more.
As for the 335's, I think I'll pass on them and just go with the 315's.

If you were buying bogarts, what would you get? I like the regular D-10's but the bolted D-10's are much nicer in my opinion. I also thought about the Force 5's. Did you happen to see the thread on "the other stang site" where the whole outter lip blew off the bogart wheel while the guy was backing out of his driveway? I thought bogart's were a very high quality wheel??? Do you know of any other drag style wheels that are available in the sizes we need?

Do you want a lightweight drag wheel because you plan on drag racing the car, or do you want one just for the "looks"? Personally I'm just not a big fan of drag style wheels on a street car. To me they just don't look right when seen on a car driving down the boulevard. Now if you are actually at the track racing the car it's a different story. This pic looks good to me at the track, but not on the street...

Bogart D-10's
cobrashoot10.jpg

There are other drag style rims available for our cars like Telstars, Diamond Racing Wheels, &CCW's just to name a few.

U.M.

Attachments

• cobrashoot10.jpg
    cobrashoot10.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 185
Got any links for me, as far as the other drag style wheels that are available in the correct sizes for our cars? I am actually just wanting them to use at the track, or maybe an occasional cruise thru town. I want to get a set of polished 03 cobras to run everyday. Thanks for all the help.

If all you need is lightweight rims for the occasional blast down the track then go with the Bogarts. When ordering tell them what car they are going on. Bogart makes a specific 16" rim with the correct backspacing. If you want to run some skinnys on a set of Bogarts up front those will require modification too.

U.M.