will agressive cams do anything with stock heads

bollpie20

Mar 20, 2004
is it worth getting aggresive cams with stock heads? i have a 99 gt with a procharger, full exhaust, etc...as of now i dont have the money to p&p the heads because i am forging the bottom end, so will it be worth buying cams or not at all...any info is appreciated!!

• Sponsors (?)

yes, they will give you higher lift and longer duration. but obviously, with P&P heads, you'll gain alot more with cams. so if you are strapped for funds and want to get the cams now. it would not be a waste.

I was told on a basic stock engine you would be better off to wait and do other mods, then you will see more benefit from the cam....that is just what I was told, maybe it is different for 4.6's but I doubt it.

85GTlover said:
I was told on a basic stock engine you would be better off to wait and do other mods, then you will see more benefit from the cam....that is just what I was told, maybe it is different for 4.6's but I doubt it.

stock they can gain 10-20hp with cams. i've heard of 80+hp gains on blown GT's with P&P heads.

which cam would you recommend, i am supercharged, and in the future will be p&p the heads. i will be installing 3.73's...i want a good performance cam..but not one with a crazy idle. also when putting the cam in is there any other parts i will need to go along with the cam..obviously springs, but anything else (99gt). thanks a lot