Will cobra brakes fit in my wheels?

doh, 1 to 2 week backorder.

found mach 1's for $309 with the stainless steel brakelines included. just waiting to hear back if they're in stock and they come with brake pads.

it's the buyfordracing.com kit.

i'm just really concerned about clearance, i hope it does!

headlightsidedw9.jpg

Attachments

• headlightsidedw9.jpg
    headlightsidedw9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 150
  • Sponsors (?)

just put the mach kit on my 95 from buy ford racing

fast shipping too

Picture015-vi.jpg

they come with pads/lines/rotors/banjo bolts/calipers everything you need

i painted mine myself instead of paying the extra $40 for bullitt calipers

AdamantiumKnot said:
thanks guys. does anyone have cobra brakes with these wheels out there?

I had the '98 GT rims, which are the exact same ones you have, and the Bullitt brakes fit perfectly. Here's a pic to show...

Attachments

• DSCN0659A.JPG
    DSCN0659A.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN0661A.JPG
    DSCN0661A.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 231
Well, i just ordered the Mach 1 kit from buyfordracing. My plan is to paint the calipers red like the bullitt calipers.

The cost was $310 for the kit (with stainless lines) and $31 to ship it :(

Mustang5L5 said:
Well, i just ordered the Mach 1 kit from buyfordracing. My plan is to paint the calipers red like the bullitt calipers.

The cost was $310 for the kit (with stainless lines) and $31 to ship it :(

the only color i'd paint them for my car is black to stick with the silver/black look. even with the $31 to ship it, it's cheaper than anywhere else, plus the stainless steel lines are included.

i hope i notice an ample improvement when i get them installed. a big part of my concern is pedal feel.

AdamantiumKnot said:
the only color i'd paint them for my car is black to stick with the silver/black look. even with the $31 to ship it, it's cheaper than anywhere else, plus the stainless steel lines are included.

i hope i notice an ample improvement when i get them installed. a big part of my concern is pedal feel.

My GT is silver as well. I originally painted my calipers silver. It looked nice but was too plain. I then painted them red and i thought it looked much better. Looks are subjective though.

Pedal feel shouldn't be that much of a change. I run a GT MC on my Fox with Cobra front and rear disks (same rears as GT/V6) and the pedal feels nice.

Now i'm tossing the idea of just completing the kit and ordering the rear Cobra disk kit as well. It's only $175 and i don't mind pulling the axles. I need to change the rear end fluid anyway. :shrug:

Is you car's paint code YN?

I just wonder what the differences are between that and opal frost (94-96 only). The pics make them look pretty much the same. Do they change colors in different lighting?

Yes, it's YN. The window Sticker says "Silver Metallic Clearcoat"

There was a "satin Silver" in 2000 or 2001 that had a different paint code.

My paint has a lot of metallic flake in it that makes it sparkle when the car is clean on a sunny day. If i get up close to the paint all i see is the flake. It can go from a really light bright color to a dark dull gray depending on the lighting. It looks best at dusk

Mustang5L5 said:
Yes, it's YN. The window Sticker says "Silver Metallic Clearcoat"

There was a "satin Silver" in 2000 or 2001 that had a different paint code.

My paint has a lot of metallic flake in it that makes it sparkle when the car is clean on a sunny day. If i get up close to the paint all i see is the flake. It can go from a really light bright color to a dark dull gray depending on the lighting. It looks best at dusk

yep! silver metallic clearcoat. there aren't a lot of us on here, if i understand correctly. i don't see very many silver 94-98's. and i don't think i've ever seen another 98 gt convertible in silver metallic in person.

it really looks great around dusk, picks up a lot of color

check my garage for more:
vbpgimage.php

AdamantiumKnot said:
yep! silver metallic clearcoat. there aren't a lot of us on here, if i understand correctly. i don't see very many silver 94-98's. and i don't think i've ever seen another 98 gt convertible in silver metallic in person.

Yeah pretty rare those years. If i do see one in silver it's a V6 most of the time.

SIlver is more common in the 99+ years, but again most are V6's. I've only pulled up next to a Silver GT maybe a handful of times.

Yep, that looks VERY similar to Opal Frost. My car sometimes will have a "purple tint" to it. Sometimes a "greenish-yellow tint". And then there's the different shades of gray & silver. It looks really deep at dusk. For some reason, I've never been able to capture it on camera.

Your right about the 94-98's. Almost every S.M.C./O.F.M. Mustang I see is a V6. Mine happens to be 1 of 261.