Will DEI more power than Turbos?

CochinoFilipino

Founding Member
Jan 14, 2002
CA
http://www.gmmodernmuscle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2779&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

First off, Jay, stay out of this.

Ok. I didn't want to mention it but I was thinking about turbo charging my Vette. I got to thinking about it and how in efficient even turbos are (compressor efficiencies of about 80% at best).

Since a turbo's function is to pressurize incoming air and force it into the upper motor, and turbos are driven by high pressure exhaust gas created from the combustion process, couldn't I just bypass the turbo altogether and route my headers back into the throttle bodies?

Since I have CFI, I could balance the DEI (direct exhaust injection as I just coined it) by feeding one header into each throttle body. Yes, the charge air wouldn’t be that cold, but it would be under a hell of a lot more pressure.

I attached a quick sketch below:
dei.jpg

There are still a few things I need to work out:
1) How do I get the CFI aircleaner to fit in a way that hides this plumbing?
2) Does anyone make a V-band clamp that will bolt an exhaust header to a CFI throttle body?
3) What pinion angle should I use in my rear-end? I’m sure there will be a noticeable difference in torque output.

What do you guys think?
10secgoal may have to start working a new header
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Sponsors (?)

I understand this is a joke to us. and its funny. :) But please tell me this guy originally was making a joke?

This idiot is serious. He's had some other retarded ideas like this gem of brilliant reasoning:

Total Retard said:
(His adjustable pushrod theory)

"I don't have any, but I was thinking about buying some for my Cross-Fire 350. Wouldn't that be a cheaper/easier way to get more valve lift than using different ratio rockers? I'll just up the pushrod length.

I wonder if I should wait to lengthen them until I get on the dyno so I can see a before and after as far as power gains go. I'll dial in the rocker length then."

It's this guy's offspring that staffs the local Autozone, or at least it must be judging by their know-how.

I took Jay's advice and did a search for "Crazy Steve" in the forums, man what a goldmine. Apprarently some guys on the forum put Steve's car up for sale in Craigs list and on another thread somebody "hacked" his login and was selling his furniture. Priceless!!!

not to interrupt the joke here but i thought of something while reading this. a friend of my dad's did a project for one of his mech engineering classes in college for low buck supercharger. he used the original ac compressor on some beater car of his as the supercharger itself and plumbed it all up and made it work. the thing only made like one or two pounds of boost but it worked.

this guy was also a genuis with holley carbs too. he got my old 600 working better than it ever should have and he did some amazing work on his old 83 capri. he got that car to get like 32 MPG with the mostly stock 302. he had that reflective insulation all over the place under the hood it, it looked like part of the space shuttle or something. and he had all kinds of gauges in the thing too, it had fuel pressure, vacuum gauge, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, tach and it had one of those old holley mileage computers too. it was the weirdest thing but it looked bone stock from the outside. it wasn't the fastest car around but it was still capable of consistent low 14's and occasional high 13's. there are lot's of v8 powered cars that can do that or better these days but this was back in the early to mid 80's so it was rather impressive back then. this thing was the ultimate driver back then. he also has a 68 mustang GT that he was working on but it has never moved in the whole time i've know him, it just sits in his backyard, it was his first car too.