Will fanblade wheels fit with Brembo Upgrade Kit

djs94gt

Founding Member
Apr 27, 1999
Just wondering if anyone out there knows if Ford's GT500 Brembo brake upgrade kit will fit with the Ford fanblade wheels without spacers. I have been checking into this and I can't seem to find a definite answer. There is Ford literature that it will fit, but I can't find anyone who has actually done this. Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

I contacted Ford and they said that the 18" bullit does NOT work with the Brembos and needs the spacer, but the fanblades DO work, plus I've seen a few fanblade 18s that didn't *look* like they had any spacers and had those brakes, but I could be wrong...

Thanks for all your input . . . . Looks like it might work. Just one more question. Anybody out there with the GT500 Brembo upgrade know how far out from the the rotor or the hub the calipers extend????

Will not fit!

I can tell you first hand that the Fanblade wheels will not fit without a spacer. I just installed the FRPP M-2300-s Brembo kit and they failed to clear the Fanblade wheels by about a 1/4". A 1/2" spacer will work, however I chose to go with Steeda pentars rather than mess with spacers. Spacers will put extra load on your wheel bearings, and if the spacer doesn't have a properly engineered shoulder to support the wheel load, they can be dangerous. There is a Ford Racing website that shows the Fanblades as fitting the big brake kit, and I have seen pictures of them on the web, so I was rather hopeful they would fit. They didn't fit on my 06 GT, and as far as I can tell they haven't produced two versions of the Fanblade wheel, or the Brembo kit.

EDIT: I just read a post from a Ford engineer who states the "race brakes" FR500S/C brakes with two piece rotors will fit the Fanblade wheels, however the GT500 brakes will not. That would explain the pictures on the web, as well as the conflicting reports.