Will these heads fit my combo nicely?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea sure they would fit your combo, but you are going to have to check the valve springs make sure they support your cam. Then check the piston to vavle clearence. The never put a super charger or turbo on the car. With the 9.5 to compression ratio now, you'll be upping to about 10.5. you put a S/C on it and you will be buying a new motor soon.

They look really good on paper and I've heard of them before. However, they are totally unproven. Why not use a proven cylinder head like an AFR 165 or Twisted Wedge. The flow #'s for those are very similar and there are hundreds of guys here on stangnet that use them. Also, how much do they cost? With a B-cam and 1.7 rockers you should not be concerned with how a head flows past .500 lift....it doesn't really matter. As a matter of fact, I think you would be better off with an entry level blower. The cost will be similar but you will net more power and you will not need to take your motor apart.

If the iron heads flow as good as they say it's an awesome buy but I don't know of ANYONE running those heads... so who knows how the performace is or quality. If you don't mind being the guniee(sp?) pig go for it.

from what i've read this is not entirely true. It is one of the many businesses associated with pro topline that went out of business. not the company itself, some aluminum part of the business

WantaGT said:
from what i've read this is not entirely true. It is one of the many businesses associated with pro topline that went out of business. not the company itself, some aluminum part of the business

The last info I heard was from Mark O'Neil, part owner of Probe Industries, who has delt with their heads.

Rick 91GT said:
The REAL info is Pro-Topline is OUT OF BUSINESS the bank shut them down, at this point it will take a TON of money for the doors to be re-opened.

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18562
Honestly, I don't really care if they are going out of buisness. I just want to know people's opinions on these iron heads. Where will be my power band? What cam would best suit my combo? I was thinking an X cam, but p/v clearance comes into play.

Honestly I think those heads would flow TOO much. They would be about the equivilant of AFR 185's on a mildly built 306 normally aspirated?? I would go smaller if I were you....those are high rpm heads.

P.S. - You'll also have to notch your pistons for clearance because of the 2.02 valves