Window Tinting Question

jprez22

Jan 24, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey All--

Well I am finally going to take the plunge and get my windows tinted. Any idea how much that will cost for our cars? Any suggestions on how dark I should go? I have a silver car and am debating using silver tint but I dunno. Suggestions are welcomed =)

• Sponsors (?)

jprez22 said:
Hey All--

Well I am finally going to take the plunge and get my windows tinted. Any idea how much that will cost for our cars? Any suggestions on how dark I should go? I have a silver car and am debating using silver tint but I dunno. Suggestions are welcomed =)

Go with black!!! Seems to cost around $150 or so around here, more, and in cash, if you want illegal tint :D

I paid $150, my sister paid $120 for her Eclipse. I don't know why her's was $30 less for the same window space. :shrug: women :fuss:

My roomate paid $190 for his Stang.

I did 20% on the sides, 35% on the rear windshield. I woulda gone maybe 10-15%.

I paid $200. I got 15% on the back and 30% on sides...I think thats what is on the sides. Any tint is illegal in PA if it is under 70%. Ive got pulled over already...but just got a warning.

i paid about $90 for 80% in back and 20% up front. then i got a ticket and had to pay $45 to get it removed and $20 for the fixit ticket. so, it cost $155 and i still don't have my fronts tinted. check the local laws before you tint.

johnnyvista said:
i paid about $90 for 80% in back and 20% up front. then i got a ticket and had to pay $45 to get it removed and $20 for the fixit ticket. so, it cost $155 and i still don't have my fronts tinted. check the local laws before you tint.

80%? The lower the percentage, the darker. You might as well put saranwrap on your windows.

I have 20% on my 03 gt. It cost me $150.00. Dont do silver you will get busted for sure. Im in ohio and if a installer gets caught installing silver or mirror tint the fine is like $3000.00 that is what the guy said that installed mine. Stick with the smoked tint its still not leagal but it does not stick out as much.

It also depends on the color of the interior if you have light brown go darker. If you have black or gray go lighter. I have a light brown interior and I went 20% all the way around.

I paid $150 for 35% all around on mine. VA law is 35% in the back, 50% on the sides. :rolleyes: The guy who installed it offered 35 all around, but then you don't get a warantee on the tint. :( I took the deal.

decoy562 said:
Go with black!!! Seems to cost around $150 or so around here, more, and in cash, if you want illegal tint :D

$190.00 in Woodstock, GA with 35%... dark enough, car is DEFINITELY cooler in hot weather.... two offcier friends say they wouldn't look twice at that level, but WILL pull dark-tinted cars without hesitating... :notnice: