wiring a boost gauge and a/f ratio gauge

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hey guys. I got the Autometer boost/vac gauge, as well as the wideband A/F ratio gauge. I still need to do the electrical connections. I need a wire that goes on when your lights are on, for the boost gauge, and a straight 12v source for the A/F gauge. Before I tear wires apart and make a mess, has anyone done this who can tell me ahead of time which wires to use? Thanks in advance.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

• Sponsors (?)

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hey guys. I got the Autometer boost/vac gauge, as well as the wideband A/F ratio gauge. I still need to do the electrical connections. I need a wire that goes on when your lights are on, for the boost gauge, and a straight 12v source for the A/F gauge. Before I tear wires apart and make a mess, has anyone done this who can tell me ahead of time which wires to use? Thanks in advance.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
There is a wire under the steering column that goes to the light switch. this will power your boost gauge and dim it also. I cant remember the color, but found it on a site somewhere. If no one else knows I will look under the dash in the morning for you. Power your A/F guage at the fuse box on the passenger side kick panel. There is an open fuse space that you can use. Get one of those add-a-link fuses from your autoparts store. Make sure you get the mini-fuse one. You will need to test the open slots with a volt meter to find the one that is powered only when the switch is on.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks guys, but I already finished it. I found a lights wire behing the light switch (imagine that :rolleyes: ), and i found a constant 12V behind the speedo cluster, which made it easy to hide the wires. everything works great! thanks guys. here is a pic of what i just finished.

6tkz94.jpg

I looked online, Cobalts are only blue. I guess I might just go with an AeroForce Interceptor since they now have those for Fords and I can get custom colors and faces and still have that chrome ring.

Is there an A-pillar guage pod that replaces the factory A-pod, or is there just the universal ones out there? I would like to get one for an A/F guage as well.

www.speedofsoundllc.com replaces the entire A pillar and it matches the factory texture and color EXACTLY. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Definitely. I wouldn't buy any other A pillar pod.

Cobalts only come in blue. The nexus line up can change colors but they are expensive as hell.