WooHoo! First time racing tonight.

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
And it was totally unexpected.

Went to a run what ya brung drift expo just to expose people to the sport. Apparently the drifting wasnt entertaining enough, so they started lining cars up on the track to run.

I watched for about 15 mins... There was a naaasty Evo and a turbo older body 240 Nissan that was stupid fast.

Then I ran into someone I knew with an 04 GT vert... I asked him if he wanted to run and he said sure.

He had exhaust I beleive, so we were pretty much even power wise. His was an auto though, so he had consistency which I havnt built yet since im still learning to drive the car. He also was using traction control, which wasnt fair, haha.

First race we line up and I launch too high and quick and just spun... he beat me by a car or two.

Second run I launched lower, bogged it just a tad but still pulled him on the launch, then I got a little too happy and grinded 2nd so that forced me to let off for a second. He beat me by about half a car.

Third race everything went great... I hardly spun, and nailed all the gears and I took him by about 3/4 of a car and was still pulling when we crossed the line.

It wasnt an actual strip, but it was 100% legal and planned. They were pretty short runs, I had just shifted into 3rd gear by the time we crossed the line each time.

But all in all, it was awesome. I dont really care that I lost more than I won... especially not the first time. My freind races alot, so he knows all the tricks of the trade.

• Sponsors (?)