WOT timing question

• Sponsors (?)

What sort of gas? I'm guessing 91 octane in socal?

15 sounds good, especially since the predator performance tunes have been known to be exceptionally lean (too much timing = pinging/detonation + lean = bye bye motor). I would reccomend taking your car to a dyno and monitor the air/fuel ratio while making your runs. From that, you can make adjustments between runs with the predator for the fuel tables to get your a/f spot on, and then if you're not pinging you can try upping the timing one "point" at a time on the predator till you get mild pinging and back off one point. Also, being on a dyno allows you to see if upping that timing is actually making you any power, might be hurting you! Though...with just adjusting the timing, the power difference might be within the dyno's margin of error on an NA car, just a thought haha.:flag:

Thanks.
The reason I'm asking is;When I first got the tuner the stock tune pinged horribly in 4th after 4,000rpm at WOT. I had to take out loads of timing, and fuel.

Then I seafoamed it, and I was now able to max out the timing w/o pinging.
The tune is the stock(diablo) one now because its starting to get 95+ during the day, soon to be 100,s.

Your right though I do need to take it to a dyno

jstreet0204 said:
Just to keep down the confusion, you guys are not running 15* of timing at WOT. 25 to 30* is more like what you will see in total timing running premium. People tend to get the 10* base timing confused.
What he said. If you are pinging at WOT, you may want to also adjust your WOT timing to lower a degree. Base timing will only help so much.