WOW my driveshaft bolts are DIESAL!

The Service Manual says you should replace the bolts. They are dirt cheap from the Dealer and come precoated with Ford Spec Loctite. I just use a 12 point socket an Impact Gun and the special Impact swivel.

• Sponsors (?)

ninjacoupe said:
Just a little safety note:Impacts, swivels, and fingers make for an emergancy room visit. Be very careful of hand placement.
It looks like people got the original issues covered (whatever Diesal is; I always thought it was 'diesel' like the fuel). :shrug: (I am not hip at all, so who knows).

Since Ninjacoupe wisely hit on some safety stuff, I will add another one: One should not use chrome sockets with Impact tools (I see people [not people here- just locals] do it all the time. Not good.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
One should not use chrome sockets with Impact tools (I see people [not people here- just locals] do it all the time. Not good.

Good luck.
Wow, I do this all the time. Why not? My guess would be that they don't lock on as well and can come off?

BTW, a small propane torch is like $15-20 and comes in very handy if you do much work on the car. I use one all the time.

Don't feel bad HISSIN, I'm not real sure what the "Diesal" comment is either, and I'm 21 :shrug:

TheUser said:
Wow, I do this all the time. Why not? My guess would be that they don't lock on as well and can come off?
And the chrome can splinter off, leaving sharp edges. if you happen to put your hand on the side of the spinning socket (I do to 'guide' the socket), the sharp edge of the chrome can slice the hand, etc open like butta' [sic].

Shakerhood said:
The Impact swivel is unique in design too
Yeah, they dont suck like regular swivels. :rlaugh:

I have decent impact swivels and I use nothing else (nice to not having binding issues like conventional swivels). If a conventional swivel was used with air tools, sockets could really really fly (as opposed to just really flying with an impact swivel). :D

Very good point. :nice:

ok got them. i very carefully jacked up the breaker bar and they broke loose. i used the same method on my torque converter bolts. thanks guys!

BTW: deisel... sorry that a slang term some of us teens use... like srtong, big, or tough... somehting like that.. sry for lettin it slip lol

geez...it's about time.

i was going to tell you to quit being such a girl & get out there and break those damn bolts loose... :p

j/k. I think those were the most difficult bolts to remove when we did the 5spd swap. It seemed like getting the damn driveshaft out took the most time.