wreck today with illegal (not in stang)

fox-gt

Feb 28, 2004
TN
Someone hit my wife this afternoon and took off. She followed them for blocks until cops show up then he pulls over.

He had no license or identification
Out of state plates
Didn't speak english
No proof of insurance (law in TN)
Hit and Run

The cops just let him go. "He will have to go to court, blah blah blah..." I'll never see that wanker again and be out the money for the car repair.

What a great legal system we have :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

The cop should have been able to pull up his insurance info with the tags. If you got the tags, you might still be able to get his insurance and get some money out of him? (Edit: Even with out of state tags?)

T1 3VOM said:
The cop should have been able to pull up his insurance info with the tags. If you got the tags, you might still be able to get his insurance and get some money out of him? (Edit: Even with out of state tags?)

The van he was driving is supposed to have insurance. Just pisses me off after all that crap they just let him go.

Get their names & file a complaint with their watch commander. Be sure you have all the facts written down and the names of any witnesses you have.

66mustang93 said:
The van he was driving is supposed to have insurance. Just pisses me off after all that crap they just let him go.
Hope you got his plate number. Report him in that state as being caught in your state with no insurance. Then open a case in your state agianst the officer who let him go. If it was you in your stang he would of took it to the impound.

66mustang93 said:
Someone hit my wife this afternoon and took off. She followed them for blocks until cops show up then he pulls over.

Out of state plates
Didn't speak english
No proof of insurance (law in TN)
Hit and Run

The cops just let him go. "He will have to go to court, blah blah blah..." I'll never see that wanker again and be out the money for the car repair.

What a great legal system we have :bang:

There thought is; why should I pay for something when I'm only going to use it for a short while. If they stay here that long and if the get caught they'll just leave the country when something serious happens. Or change there name and address is the easiest thing for them to do.

Out of state plates
And I'll bet if you took a close look you would have seen that they probably weren't current either.

Didn't speak english
Didn't or wouldn’t?
Was the officer bi-lingual?
Way too many of them play that game, knowing that the officer can’t speak there language, and they’ll play dumb as long as the can.

No proof of insurance
Back to my original statement!

Hit and Run
They hit you, and now they're running back to the Country.

I've seen the exact same thing happen more than once, and I’ve talked to people who have had the same experience. By talking to some of the laborers on the job site is how I know there thoughts (they’ve told me so). I'm not saying all illegals are like that, I'm saying a big majority are though.

The biggest reason for officer not taking a report is he already knew that it was a waste of his time and yours.
And I’m not saying that’s right either.

In NJ, if you have no insurance, they take your car, no up to date registration, they take your car, no valid license, they take your car if someone with a valid license does not come and pick it up in a timely fashion.
Note: Only one offense is needed for an impound, you don't need them all.

Should be that way everywhere.
I even know upstanding citizens and important people that have had their cars impounded for forgetting to renew their registration.

ALMOST STOCK said:
There thought is; why should I pay for something when I'm only going to use it for a short while. If they stay here that long and if the get caught they'll just leave the country when something serious happens. Or change there name and address is the easiest thing for them to do.

Out of state plates
And I'll bet if you took a close look you would have seen that they probably weren't current either.

Didn't speak english
Didn't or wouldn’t?
Was the officer bi-lingual?
Way too many of them play that game, knowing that the officer can’t speak there language, and they’ll play dumb as long as the can.

No proof of insurance
Back to my original statement!

Hit and Run
They hit you, and now they're running back to the Country.

I've seen the exact same thing happen more than once, and I’ve talked to people who have had the same experience. By talking to some of the laborers on the job site is how I know there thoughts (they’ve told me so). I'm not saying all illegals are like that, I'm saying a big majority are though.

The biggest reason for officer not taking a report is he already knew that it was a waste of his time and yours.
And I’m not saying that’s right either.

They did call for a bi-lingual officer who did talk to him. The plates were current, the officer used them to find out their van did have insurance on it. (I'm hoping my insurance co actually does their job and goes after the owner of the van) The cop actually made the statement "the jails are full enough, if we arrested everyone who did this, we would have no place to put them."

No identification, no license and he got to drive off. The hit and run makes the the maddest, she could have been really hurt.

It's just irritating when people make the argument that illegals do not hurt the country / economy, "they help, they provide cheap labor". I always thought that was crap.

Most of them are terrible drivers to beginw/ from my experience. Last month, a lawn service guy was pullin into our neighborhodd and we have this big median thing with flowers and stuff separting the in and out of our neighborhood, he jumped the median and took out half the flowers and a yield sign.

Then i was driving down the road not long ago, following a dodge pickup by about 4-5 car lengths goin bout 60 in a 55. A guy in a painting van just pulls out of a QT parking lot, I slam on the brakes, the dodge almost lost control and hit me. Give me a sec and i willl do a cartoon reenactment in paint.

mexscantdrive.jpg

Attachments

• mexscantdrive.jpg
    mexscantdrive.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 67
smokin joe said:
One question "Why do I have to press one for english?"

Easy - because the immigrants who now come into the US don't bother (or care) to learn English like all of our ancestors did. It's sad that people all over the world consider it a privilege to learn English, yet more and more of our citizens (and illegal immigrants) don't care.