wtf are these?

Marks89GT

May 8, 2011
Dudley MA
I was on American Muscles website and saw this pic and im wondering wtf are these things? Ive never seen these before in my life?

11.png

• Sponsors (?)

I was born in 1986...

:D Man I had a lotta fun in '86!:rlaugh: That was a good year!

Brings back mammories....er... memories.

It's funny living in a world of people who've never seen a sail panel.

Edit: Those fall in there with a rockin mullet, Van Halen, Edelbrock torquer II's and ultra hot stickers.

Edit: Those fall in there with a rockin mullet, Van Halen, Edelbrock torquer II's and ultra hot stickers.
Pop Quiz. Van Halen or Van Haggar?

They were smoother and more elegant looking than the fake vent/louver things on the regular foxes at the time:

86GTrideNet.jpg

Of course, I think the 87-93 windows were smoother still, but I doubt that I'll pull the fake louver panels off of my '86 and replace them with 87 windows.

My dad still rocks a mullet, i dont go a day without hearing a van halen song,
Yup. Drove a fox probably before you were born. Before cellphones, facebook, or even StangNet.

Back when I knew everything. The good ol' days.:)
I dont know everything yet, but what I do know, is how to piss people off.
Pop Quiz. Van Halen or Van Haggar?

First and foremost- There is NO Van Hagar.

There was Van Halen with Sammy. I think Sammy joined up in '87, IIRC.

Not sure though, I'm too old to know everything.;)
I prefer Sammy Hagar, and i LOVE chicken foot. I saw Micheal Anthony, Joe Satriani, and Eddie Trunk at our local sushi bar, cool people, Micheal Anthony is there all the time as he lives up the street a ways.

I was on American Muscles website and saw this pic and im wondering wtf are these things? Ive never seen these before in my life?

11.png

New to this whole Fox Mustang thing, huh?

FWIW, the Capris also had a unique sail panel.

8450ibk_19.jpeg

They were smoother and more elegant looking than the fake vent/louver things on the regular foxes at the time:

Weird, it never occurred to me that they are supposed to look like vents, haha. I always just assumed it was purely an aesthetic styling feature. Now that you say it though, it definitely looks like a vent.

86GTrideNet.jpg

Of course, I think the 87-93 windows were smoother still, but I doubt that I'll pull the fake louver panels off of my '86 and replace them with 87 windows.

That is a sexy car!