X-pipe Question. Need answer ASAP.

I have a 2001 bullitt and I'm looking to buy an x-pipe for my car. There is a local guy who has an x-pipe (bassani) he offered to sell for $175. The guy is a mechanic but I'm beginning to wonder if this is legit. The reason I ask is the x-pipe came off of a 1996 mustang. I am obviously putting this pipe on a 2001. I went to Bassani's website and I looked up X-pipes and it is listing two different model numbers. I'm not stupid and I assume this means there is a difference but I wanted to be sure before I went up there and bought the x-pipe or called the guy and told him I wasn't coming.

Thanks guys,
James

• Sponsors (?)

It's no problem I am just gonna go with a MAC H-pipe for now. Heard a few sound clips and the MAC mufflers I have + MAC H-pipe has a great sound :nice:! Plus the cash isn't rolling in like it was :rlaugh: and the MAC is only $125.

Thanks for the quick response guys!
James

Even if it is only a little difference, messing with non-fitting exhaust is not fun!

Bassani's are really expensive, they are the same basic design as the BBK's also.

You can buy a few new X pipes of other brands for the same price or just a few dollars more. Well, catless ones anyway.

Meh, my moms car has Mac H..it's iight.
What you want to do is wait a month till you save up a little more money and get the Mac prochambers. They sound AWESOME with The MAC Flow Path mufflers you have.

i just got an h pipe from a guy that said he had it on his 97, it bolted up with no clearance issues to my 2000 auto car. i had a bassani o/r x on it before and it sounded like ass. i don't like them on 4.6's now.

just buy a UPR X pipe.
Great fit and great sound. Only downfall is they aren't stainless. Though there is a simple fix. High temperature flat black paint.
I coated mine before the install and i have zero rust and it's holding up just fine.