Y2K cobra rims Yes or No???

• Sponsors (?)

Keep telling yourself that boys.....Just remember, when Ford released the 2000 Cobra R, they didn't call it a Y2K Cobra R. Y2K wasn't a popular...or even heard of term until it was adopted by Computer nerds and Millennium annalists alike who coined the term as a nick name for the turn of the millennium computer crash that was supposed to occur (but obviously never did). People just started throwing the term around for pretty much anything that had to do with they year....or even number 2000 after that. So yes, I guess since it has become “trendy” to call the wheels that since, but it still doesn’t make it any less annoying. It's kind of along the same lines of internet lingo like "lol, brb, FWIW and OMGHI2U2BBQ" that people are spewing out as short form for actual words now a days. Our society is getting dumber by the day. :(

And Adam I'm not sure what my '96.....I mean my "IX VI" Cougar (that would "Gang Rape" your Mustang from every performance aspect by the way ;) ) has to do with anything, but if I'd say my opinion is as valid as anyone else in this thread.....EH! :canada: :D

And let's remember gentlemen:

Administrator > Super Moderator > Moderator > Member

Brian does a good job patrolling the forums, and he's here as a resource to us all, myself included. He's afforded his opinion, just as much as the next guy. Let's try to keep things on a civil level as we always do! :nice:

It's Ok Matt, I wasn't offended, or feeling the urge to pull rank on anyone. I can trade jabs with the best of them. :D I expect the kind of backlash I get owning this car. He's not the first to critisize my ride and probably won't be the last.

If it helps anyones opinion of me here, I've got the car sold this spring and am looking at getting into a '96-'98 Cobra. It's been itching to build a 4V for a while now and modifying this particular car is costing me 2-3X what it would have to do it to a Mustang. Only a select few companies make parts for this car and they're not exactly putting them out on sale. ;)

...and maybe I'll put Y2K wheels on my new car. :D