03/04 mach I intake?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd imagine that the actual mounting of the shaker wouldn't be too difficult - of course you'll need to fab some brackets to mount it, and you'll have to do some 'trial and error' engineering to get it to sit just right, but this shouldn't be too difficult.

Have you found a reasonably priced Shaker setup? Most people want an arm and a leg.

there have been a number of people that put a Mach 1 Shaker on a 2V Mustang...KarKraft used to even have a kit for it before they went under...

I didn't keep track of the pictures and links because I think the CDC Shaker looks better...but I know that putting a Mach 1 Shaker on a GT can be done

well i did the trade and it does look cool. there is one issue though, the only part he did'nt have is the rain shield, the part that keeps water from running into the motor area. does any one know where i might be able to purchase one? what do you think the going price for it would be? :nice:

well i did the trade and it does look cool. there is one issue though, the only part he did'nt have is the rain shield, the part that keeps water from running into the motor area. does any one know where i might be able to purchase one? what do you think the going price for it would be? :nice:

I did a quick search and I mean quick at LMR and didn't find one. At the very least you should be able to contact MPS autosalvage in Georgia and get one off a wrecked Mach. Probably one of the more expensive routes but I would bet they have one or will have one soon.

well i called MPS and they dont want to seperate the hood scoop and intake system.BTW they did have one mach 1 also :notnice:

That sucks.. maybe best bet is find a junkyard that has one and get it asap. There are others out there in junkyards just going to be tougher to find than the usual GT. Get on some lists in the area if they let you and have them call when one comes in.

You'll likely have to buy that part new Manny - since, as you found out, nobody is going to want to separate it from the rest of the shaker assembly.

Did you install it yet? I've got a brake job to do on my Mach, but it's just been too cold to want to work on it (currently 32.7 degrees - warmer in my garage, but not a whole lot warmer). Hopefully I'll get on it this weekend when it's supposed to be back to 'normal'.

yes i have installed it and i cant believe what a difference it makes. i did have a cold air kit on my GT already and i thought that was good :notnice: the shaker setup works GREAT on the highway too, just a little touch to the throttle and she goes around slower cars, even with the cruise control. i will be doing a mod to the inside of the shaker that i have seen on the mach 1 site. all i had to do is fab up 2 brackets that i made from aluminum that i got from home depot and walla done. its hard not to look at the shaker while your driving lol.